Harvard School of Public Health attacks gun ownership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even if that report is accurate, it only looks at things from the health perspective. By far the biggest issue when it comes to gun ownership is not health, or even crime... it is LIBERTY.

I've always said that I don't really care what impact gun ownership has on health or crime one way or another. Even if a nationwide gun ban would provide positive health and crime results, it would not be worth it because an armed government and an unarmed populace is just too big of a threat to liberty.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The author is a well known "hired gun" that receives his funding from anti-gun sources such as Soros.
If you enjoy reading this sort of writing with "cherry picked" facts that could not pass legitimate peer review, the Brady bunch can supply you with a long reading list. You can learn about the "gun show loophole" and "shoot first" laws, too.
:screwy:

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a new writeup on arstechnica about new public health research that shows home defense gun ownership has a net negative affect on the country.

I'm sure this research will ultimately be used by a politician to defend a federal gun control bill some day.

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2011/04/guns-in-the-home-lots-of-risk-ambiguity.ars
This is why the Obamacare bill MUST be repealed. as Lenin said (i think it was lenin but it may have been mao): once you control their healthcare you control everything.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sounds like they are trying to put a new twist on an older study that said you were 43 times more likely to be injured/killed if you own a gun. It was thoroughly debunked (back in 97 I think).

ouhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The author is just writing his typical fear mongering crap. Anti-gun Liberal like to throw all these high numbers but when you ask them to prove it they change the subject. They are good at bloating numbers to there favor!!!

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I look forward to the rebuttal by Alan Gura, Clayton Cramer or others. Hopefully they can show enough sloppiness or downright dishonesty with statistics to embarrass the researcher.

Latest posts

Top Bottom