Has anyone seen any Minimum Wage Petitions being circulated yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And then you have the opposite effect.

Like my experience at Jersey Mikes recently. 10 people behind the counter running two lines making sub sandwiches. Took 20+ minutes to get ours and I had to listen to one nutjob tell me his life story of dealing with Anxiety.

Versus 2 or 3 employees at Subway making sandwiches and it only takes 5-10 minutes to get yours. Plus no boring discussion about why they’re so special.

I guarantee you that Jersey Mikes is paying more.

Used to be a great country.

Point was 3 were doing the work of 10.
My bad, I thought the point was pay. Dang thread title got me confused.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to several stores today and they were out in force. One guy approached me. I said no, that is the most ignorant petition I've seen and you need to rethink who it would help and who it would hurt.
I said to look at California with all the stores closing because of the raised minimum wage.

I saw this today. It was a nice Ford truck dropping off and picking up panhandlers.

IMG_5215.JPG

1720723438667.png

Attachments

• panhandlers 1.JPG
    panhandlers 1.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 0

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to several stores today and they were out in force. One guy approached me. I said no, that is the most ignorant petition I've seen and you need to rethink who it would help and who it would hurt.
I said to look at California with all the stores closing because of the raised minimum wage.

I saw this today. It was a nice Ford truck dropping off and picking up panhandlers.

View attachment 493335

View attachment 493337
Are bums getting minimum wage now? What the hell does that have to do with crappy wages?

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this directed toward business owners or potential employees.

Whomever it triggers.

Seriously, it is directed to those able-bodied adults (not part-time kids) who expect a "living wage" from a minimum wage. As I understand it, most or many places these days pay above minimum wage so if that person chooses to work for minimum then that's their choice. I see signs all the time saying they pay $10 or more per hour already. Not to mention any increase in minimums diminishes those who get paid more or significantly more.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whomever it triggers.

Seriously, it is directed to those able-bodied adults (not part-time kids) who expect a "living wage" from a minimum wage. As I understand it, most or many places these days pay above minimum wage so if that person chooses to work for minimum then that's their choice. I see signs all the time saying they pay $10 or more per hour already. Not to mention any increase in minimums diminishes those who get paid more or significantly more.
Looks to me like it triggers everyone except the poor bastards at the bottom of the heap.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Precisely. Unless you’re a moron it should serve as motivation to get better skills. Either through college or CareerTech.

I worked 3 mind numbing low paying jobs as I put myself through college and supported my family. Grow up you whiney babies.

Hell in Oklahoma you can get entry level skills training for free while you’re in high school at your local VoTech school. Grab a job, bust your butt, make some decent money.
yep, the payoff is worth it, I went on to making $40 an hour and full benifits. Dumb asses dont see that there is a better path and these days I hear you can go to a 2 year trade school and start out making $90k or there abouts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom