Has anyone seen any Minimum Wage Petitions being circulated yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a few hold outs who pay minimum wage. The sad part is the people it is intended to protect actually are harmed more, Entry level jobs harder to get since employers want more experienced people for the dollars they pay, fewer full time positions, employers more reluctant to pay more to higher paid employees, employers will lay off as well, not to mention the inflation we all pay. Many say employers pay more than minimum wage so there is no impact, that is not entirely true, there are still some jobs out there that pay around minimum wage.

Last edited:

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't seen or heard of anyone being offered minimum wage in the last several years. If they are, they should walk 50 feet to the next fast food joint. At least until the kiosk takes their job.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And then you have the opposite effect.

Like my experience at Jersey Mikes recently. 10 people behind the counter running two lines making sub sandwiches. Took 20+ minutes to get ours and I had to listen to one nutjob tell me his life story of dealing with Anxiety.

Versus 2 or 3 employees at Subway making sandwiches and it only takes 5-10 minutes to get yours. Plus no boring discussion about why they’re so special.

I guarantee you that Jersey Mikes is paying more.

Used to be a great country.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked for min wage, $3.25 an hour, while I went to college and made a career.
That's what min. wage is for, get your ass up that ladder

Precisely. Unless you’re a moron it should serve as motivation to get better skills. Either through college or CareerTech.

I worked 3 mind numbing low paying jobs as I put myself through college and supported my family. Grow up you whiney babies.

Hell in Oklahoma you can get entry level skills training for free while you’re in high school at your local VoTech school. Grab a job, bust your butt, make some decent money.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy crap! 9 dollars an hour in 2025! 105.50 in 2026!!????

Y'all been hiring many folks for less than that, have you?
And then you have the opposite effect.

Like my experience at Jersey Mikes recently. 10 people behind the counter running two lines making sub sandwiches. Took 20+ minutes to get ours and I had to listen to one nutjob tell me his life story of dealing with Anxiety.

Versus 2 or 3 employees at Subway making sandwiches and it only takes 5-10 minutes to get yours. Plus no boring discussion about why they’re so special.

I guarantee you that Jersey Mikes is paying more.

Used to be a great country.
According to Zip recruiter, Glassdoor, and Indeed they are about equal. (starting around 11 bucks)

Latest posts

Top Bottom