Has anyone seen any Minimum Wage Petitions being circulated yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have not seen it but heard about it on talk radio. OK won't pass it I don't think.
If so get ready for a $23 hamburger anywhere
I didn't think it would pass in 2018 when they put it on the ballot in Arkansas either. (Raised MW to $11.00/hr over three years) But it did, and overwhelmingly: 68% to 32%, if memory serves. (Never underestimate the extent of economic illiteracy in this country.) Inflation has since blunted many of the ill effects, but when it was first enacted, there were numerous stories of both business hardships and of minors, felons, developmentally disabled and others having difficulty finding or retaining jobs.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thats they way its supposed to be and they will tell you that but I dont think they verify them all or any for that matter.
Source: I made it up

Most.petition campaigns shoot for about 10 to 15% over to compensate for fake sigs, people who sign but are not t registered and people too stupid to know their address. I had friends in college who got paid for gathering signatures, they only got paid for the registered voters.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_6980.jpeg

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like maybe get a job, plus a couple good physical type side jobs and you get ahead on multiple levels.

IMG_6981.png

Have a friend who has a very good full time job that works as a bartender several evenings a week. She’s driving a very nice car, living in a nice home, and helping her daughter with college expenses who happens to have a full ride scholarship which as most doesn’t pick up incidentals. She’s a single mom who kicked her deadbeat husband to the curb and has raised her kid for 17+ years alone.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like maybe get a job, plus a couple good physical type side jobs and you get ahead on multiple levels.

View attachment 493519

Have a friend who has a very good full time job that works as a bartender several evenings a week. She’s driving a very nice car, living in a nice home, and helping her daughter with college expenses who happens to have a full ride scholarship which as most doesn’t pick up incidentals. She’s a single mom who kicked her deadbeat husband to the curb and has raised her kid for 17+ years alone.
What kind of full time job?

Latest posts

Top Bottom