Hauling a load

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve spent the last 23 years pulling trailers for a living in my business, and I take the opposite approach. I own several trailer, and all but one have tandem axles. I have a single axle “4 wheeler” trailer that stays at my place up there. All but two of the tandem axle trailers have 5200 or 7000# axles under them with 8 lug rims and 14 ply tires. Even my two trailers with 3500# axles and 15” 5 lug rims have 10 ply tires.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son is a semi truck driver he drags a flat bed.
One person he knew was cut off in her semi truck and she was hauling corrugated metal the metal building type M panel?

Anyway she had to jacknife the truck to keep from running the idiots over as it was done in a corner and that stuff is SLICK even when tied down correctly it can move.

Well that metal cuts well as we all know and it cut through the rear rack and the back of the semi and cut her head off.

He said he does not haul the stuff.
Idiot drivers. Many need shot on the spot.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait a minute…you tie stuff to the undercarriage of your truck?!? :anyone: :lmfao:
Dang right, if it won't fit in the bed and is lengthy I tie it beneath the pickup....unless it's 2X3's, sheetrock or kids. Actually, I've transported rebar, 20' fence rails for several miles tied beneath. Haven't had an accident yet. But that guy who tied rebar to the side of a new looking pickup ...I guess he thought it was right.
I forget who taught me to do this, it has to be over forty years ag.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son is a semi truck driver he drags a flat bed.
One person he knew was cut off in her semi truck and she was hauling corrugated metal the metal building type M panel?

Anyway she had to jacknife the truck to keep from running the idiots over as it was done in a corner and that stuff is SLICK even when tied down correctly it can move.

Well that metal cuts well as we all know and it cut through the rear rack and the back of the semi and cut her head off.

He said he does not haul the stuff.
Idiot drivers. Many need shot on the spot.

Yeppers....

....corrugated metal, pipe and other hard metal rods, and "suicide rolls."

That's why when I drove 18-wheelers, I wouldn't haul anything that didn't have a pump to get the product off (LPG, gas and diesel, and Anhydrous Ammonia) or that the product could walk off the truck itself.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Decades ago we were loading a guy. He kept getting on the opposite side of the load. Fork driver told him to move several times. I came by and ordered him to move to the front or rear of his trailer. He refused and had words for me. I walked away. The load shifted, fell, and crushed him. It was fast and messy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom