The truth about swampratt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Listen, swampratt and I aren't friends, that takes awhile, but I think we will be. We talked about everything from carburetors to bullet casting. What I saw in him was a young me, but better, he is honest, he is genuine, not full of BS. We discussed how well thought of he was here, I've been on various gun boards for twenty odd years and never seen anyone that had garnered the status he has here. What's going on? He isn't interested in being all knowing, all caring, he just tells it like it is. He is a unique individual, recognized for doing things we should all be doing.
....All That...plus , he's not fussy when he comes for dinner .....

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tanstaafl is almost always a good read, salacious information? I don't think so.
I wasn't trying to drag him down. Making a statement that every time you see "The Truth About..." in an article today it seldom uplifts the topic of the article. It is nice to see anything that uplifts a person now, so much bad news, rumors and lies. Glad to be on okshooters.com. it is an Island of sanity in a world gone insane. Also glad to see that some of the most active posters are not just posting, they are making an impact on the lives of others in a positive manner. So, wasn't trying to drag him down, just pointing out humor. There is little to go around these days...

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to drag him down. Making a statement that every time you see "The Truth About..." in an article today it seldom uplifts the topic of the article. It is nice to see anything that uplifts a person now, so much bad news, rumors and lies. Glad to be on okshooters.com. it is an Island of sanity in a world gone insane. Also glad to see that some of the most active posters are not just posting, they are making an impact on the lives of others in a positive manner. So, wasn't trying to drag him down, just pointing out humor. There is little to go around these days...
I know you weren't dragging him down, I should have worked on my post a little more.. That's the thing with dry humor, it's hard to express it without it sounding wrong.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Swampratt and I discussed this very thing today. Seems we were both frustrated about helping others, and receiving nothing in return. We both said that would change, but I didn't believe him, I think if someone asked for help, he would, it's in his DNA.
I'll help people also but I find that when I do, rarely does anyone help me when I am in need. I also give folks good things that I've acquired that have taken up space in the garage or elsewhere but again, receive nothing from anyone. But I'll keep on helping others, it doesn't matter much to me whether I receive anything or not, it just gives me a good feeing to help others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll help people also but I find that when I do, rarely does anyone help me when I am in need. I also give folks good things that I've acquired that have taken up space in the garage or elsewhere but again, receive nothing from anyone. But I'll keep on helping others, it doesn't matter much to me whether I receive anything or not, it just gives me a good feeing to help others.
Kind of like doing the right thing. Doing the right thing is seldom rewarded. Typically it goes unnoticed and unappreciated. Nowadays doing the right thing can even get you punished on occasion. However those that will notice are long term friends, relatives and even God.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of like doing the right thing. Doing the right thing is seldom rewarded. Typically it goes unnoticed and unappreciated. Nowadays doing the right thing can even get you punished on occasion. However those that will notice are long term friends, relatives and even God.
Good comment-no excellent! When I give someone money I tell them no thanks is need, thank God. It is better to have a reward in Heaven than an earthy reward. I had a step-dad who attended church and they needed a new carpet. He stood up and proclaimed, "I'll give $500,00!" He was thanksed and that was his reward. It meant nothing eternally.

Latest posts

Top Bottom