Have we dicussed the viral (Tulsa) West Side Neighbors yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can tell people don't know Tulsa that well when they allude to the northside being sketchy.

West of Union and south of 244/Edison is where the true freaks play.

Depends on your definition of sketchy - there used to be some dandy places around Berryhill and Oakhurst that were pretty bad as well. Funny thing is, if you know one of the characters from one of those neighborhoods, chances are, they know folks from the other ones. The locations change, but the circle of misery stays the same.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I at least lived on 5 acres so I had more of a buffer from my crankster neighbors. I tell you what, if you've never had the chance to observe cranksters in their natural habitat for a while, you're missing out. I used to think about selling tickets to my front porch. The main instigator was a meth cook living in his senile grandma's house next to me. He was in prison (manufacturing) when I built my house so the place looked good. He got out later and the fun started.

My my favorite neighbor stories are:

-Dude got in a fight with his old lady, in winter. She went and sat by in the woods by the creek until well after dark, crying against a tree.

-Dude propped a box fan in a back bedroom window in August. facing out. Cars would drive through the lawn to chat with him. A couple times he appeared in the window in gauntlet gloves and a respirator.
I thought you were going to say he talked through the fan to disquise his voice. Lmao
-TCSO made frequent visits. One day they knock on the front and back door. No answer. They leave. 2 dudes run out the back door with a big tupperware full of what I assume to be meth lab ****. One dude runs it to the creek that separates their place from a cow pasture, other dude gets in a truck and drives through the pasture, picks the **** and his buddy up and bolts. I called TCSO after that one. Some real Keystone cops ****.

-Burned trash during a burn ban. Left when the sirens came on. FD finds brake kleen and syringes in fire. TCSO sat there all day waiting for them to come back. They didn't.

-Cut my fence, dumped trash on my land, etc. Several times.

-Constant flow of stolen goods, including what I believe to be a stolen AC unit they installed at night one summer.

-Tried to stab a neighbor who caught him stealing stuff on his property, went back to jail for that.

-Had a tattoo on his arm that just said "SEX"

-All of them constantly smoking crank behind the toolshed which face the front of my house. You could see the lighter illuminate the bulb at night.
I had a dope head neighbor for a little while. He was living with his grandparents when he was next door. One time, he drive across 2 yards when turning a corner and hit a large tree square on. (Charged with DUI-D) This was before he had moved in with them. When he moved in with them, I would notice him out behind the house every so often at night constantly flicking a lighter. (This was really odd, because his grandparents smoked cigs like freight trains, it was so bad, you could smell the stinch 15-20 feet from an open window on a still day.) I made it known the first time I knew it was happening that I was standing at my back door armed. My dog would alert me to his/their presence back there. Sometimes he would have a guest back there with him, usually they would walk up the street, before turning down the alley to meet up. Once I saw his father over there and and a lady who was dressed up nice, visiting with the thug. She handed a few papers over to him, talked them over with him and he started bawling. I believe at this point, he was losing custody of a toddler aged female. The grandparents of the thug were renting the house from some good people, however when a wealthy man offered to buy it pretty close to double market value, they sold it. The grandparents were pissed off and trashed the place and left a bunch of various trashy furniture, carpet remnants etc, all over the yard. The wealthy man donated the house and property to a church.
MY ALL TIME PERSONAL FAVORITES:

-When he mowed, he mowed at night. He never slept. Ever. Riding mower breaks about 11:00 p.m. He's set up work lights and a big tarp on the ground when I go to bed. I leave for work at 7:00 a.m. and the motherfawker is still out there. The mower has been broken down to its base components which are neatly spread out on the tarp. The mower parts, tools, cords, lights, etc. stayed there for a long, long time. He gave up on lawn maintenance for a while.

-Big snowfall and single digit temps back in 2009 IIRC. Dude randomly walks out back door in nothing but boots and tightey whities with a Glock and spare mag in his hands. Empties both mags at nothing and walks back in his house.

They never fawked with me besides trespassing and trash dumping, but I think that was more them not understanding exactly how much land was mine vs. the cattle pasture next door. I assume they never stole from me because I made it a point to run through a good deal of 5.56 in my side yard every now and again when I saw them outside. And I was almost always home, and parked in the garage so you couldn't tell when I was home. The stole from several other neighbors.
^^^I added comments in blue above.^^^^
Good cheap entertainment, if they don't steal from you.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on your definition of sketchy - there used to be some dandy places around Berryhill and Oakhurst that were pretty bad as well. Funny thing is, if you know one of the characters from one of those neighborhoods, chances are, they know folks from the other ones. The locations change, but the circle of misery stays the same.

Yeah you can take it a hair north, further west, and all the way south to Okmulgee county really.

Lots of nice place and good folks scattered about there too. If you're from 'round parts like that you just learn to ignore the trash and cranksters. That's how it was in Hectorville. My one neighbor had giant house with a fancy barn and horses, the neighbor on the other side cooked crank and stole scrap metal for a living.

I'm distantly related to my old crankster neighbors, sadly. And about everyone else in the general vicinity. Pretty gross. Glad to be a few miles away at least.

Last edited:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just stalked my ex-neighbors public (of course) FB page. First post:

January 5 at 8:41pm ·

Hey [ex-neighbor] I just wanted u and [old lady] to know that im in rehab

[Ex-neighbor], plz pray for jared he is in so much trouble got into fight w/ girlfriend cops called top was issued maybe violated on probation thanks love u amy
From back a few years ago - friend posting from his account while he was in jail:

-update for scott: hes doing good. first offer was 8 yrs. i'll keep everyone posted

-What the heck happened?

- 8 yrs for what

- wow - any plea.. hoping for a better offer? please advise - via message

-hey scott this is deadra, remember me? i go see him all the time. that was the first offer he goes back to court on the 16th hopefully he'll get somethin better. all his stuff would be ran cc so he'll hopefully he will only do 2 and 1/2

-who the f@@@ is on my uncle's facebook

-deadra, dont trip. he told me to keep every1 updated and take care of his farm

- lol, so your gonna mow?

-u freaked me out for a minute. all of asudden i seen my uncle posted u

-mom said to call her

-ok

-I looked it up online, he got busted for Grand Larceny afcf(After Former Conviction of a Felony). That is why he could be doing time. Since no body wants to say it. just google it!

-he was trying to take the copper wiring from an air conditioner and the owner came up from behind and jumped on Scott's back. We're praying that they'll drop it from a 85% crime

-Well stealing is wrong but hard times turn good folks into theives.

-hes not going to do serious time, hopefully. his lawyer is trying to get it dropped to a lesser charge. we will just keep our fingers crossed. i will be up there to see him tuesday and see if there is any new news

-im not for sure, but im thinking that mom was talking about going to see him either on tues or thurs. you may want to call her b4 you go.

-ok, thanks.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always love when trash has spent enough time in the system to know all the abbreviations and codes. Hilarious. They know them better than my attorney friends.

Latest posts

Top Bottom