HB2170 Advances: Makes Assisted Opening Knives Clearly Legal to Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So balisongs, aka ,butterfly knives are legal?

Well, I have an interesting story.

Moving back and forth to college, threw my balisong in my backpack at some point and forgot about it. Well, one summer I decided to fly home for a week since I was working here in OK. This would be my first time on an airplane.

Going through airport security, the TSA agent said he needed to search my bag, and asked if there was anything sharp inside, to which I said "pencils". when he pulled out the bali, I bout **** my britches. Cop came and started asking a bunch of questions, then said they were illegal in Oklahoma because they were considered "martial arts weapons", then proceeded to ask if I wanted to surrender it or mail it to myself (wtf? Is this a trap?)

I'm pretty sure he was full of crap, but I surrendered it anyway, since it was a crappy made-in-China thing I bought at a martial arts tournament for $20, lol

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tall Prairie - thanks for those links and guidance on how to find local knife laws.

All - Do not over look the fact that the new version of the law does not go into effect until Nov 1. I'm looking forward to carrying my Kershaw then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom