HDR image 1st try--HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you process your HDR Images?

• Total voters

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok...so I've gotten some criticism that my images aren't "HDR-ey" enough for some peoples taste...so I took it to the extreme...

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_xmas_sig_supercolor.jpg

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you taking the photos - NORMAL, UNDEREXPOSED, OVEREXPOSED

If so - email me your photos - I'll put them through Photomatix and show you what it can do. If not - you should really do it this way - so you can get the extreme shadows and extreme highlights out of each photo.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you taking the photos - NORMAL, UNDEREXPOSED, OVEREXPOSED

Yes. I'm taking 4 to 9 shots from around +4EV to -4EV

If so - email me your photos - I'll put them through Photomatix and show you what it can do. If not - you should really do it this way - so you can get the extreme shadows and extreme highlights out of each photo.

Id love to, but my internet is limited to my phone ATM, and it won't recognize the tiff files to le me email them...

Here's a couple new ones, I'm starting to get the hang of using the curves in cs2 to get the tone mapping the way I want it. I'm going to try some landscape and architechture shots tomorrow when it is light.

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_wallshotweb.jpg

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_lzwallweb.jpg

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting images Steve, they seem to have a "halo" effect around your main objects. Did you have to hold perfectly still to take the shots?

If someone was standing somewhere just North of the pond at USSA would the sun be setting behind the main lodge at USSA this time of year? I think that could make an awesome shot.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
Interesting images Steve, they seem to have a "halo" effect around your main objects. Did you have to hold perfectly still to take the shots?

If someone was standing somewhere just North of the pond at USSA would the sun be setting behind the main lodge at USSA this time of year? I think that could make an awesome shot.
Thats cause there not true HDR images. I used CS5's HDR processing to do it. With most of my action shots I cant take 3 exposures. A good friend of mine takes some awesome HDR shots. Here is his site and some of his pics.
http://www.coreylackphotography.com/
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
Sun sets over kinda by the plate racks if your at the pond. Pretty close to the lodge though. Feel free to come by and take pics. Here is a morning pic I took one day.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v314_saryan25_HDR_6e587ac7.jpg

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A tripod and a couple of exposures and that sun rise could have been epic :)

Depending on how the sky looks I might head over tomorrow or Monday and take some pics. I meant to make it out to the steel challenge but ended up not making it.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used Photomatix for the last few years mainly for architectural interior shots and have been very pleased.
I have had mixed luck with tone mapping as it's hard to remove the "Harry Potter" look.
I hate for my images to look like they are HDR.
Anyway, I always ran out of patience and would revert back to the exposure blending which I felt did a great job and that's what I use most of the time.
Photomatix is still the best out there.

I had high hopes that HDR thru CS-5 would be as good as Photomatix but that hasn't happened.
Maybe CS-6?

I believe Kelbytraining.com has some good tutorials on the subject.

Latest posts

Top Bottom