Heartland Match Oct 17th!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanna try shooting a snubby.

I'll have one available ! Just bring your own factory ammo. (I actually saw a 100 pack of .38 Spl at Walmart the other day. It'd been 18 months since I saw the last one.)

Or, Pstmstr has one available for loan, too. Mine is an old style Colt Detective Special, I don't know what his is.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I shoot more than one gun? Like, shoot the stages twice. Once with a snubby and once to get better with what I actually own?

I have considered this...........and I'm still thinking about it.

The match is starting to hit its stride, where people are now planning on shooting this match as opposed to "Oh, is that tonight? Yeah, I guess I'll shoot it."

I had previously capped the shooter number at 40, but in reality, that's just too many for the facility and the stages we do. A more manageable number is 30.......maybe 32....but after that, it just starts to be too many.

With the new assignment protocol being established, you'll be called twice to do your taping chores, etc. If you're the 6th shooter, you'll need to tape 3 times and pick up brass once. If you're also the 16th shooter, you'll need to tape 3 more times and pick up brass again. If you didn't shoot twice and there was a 16th shooter, he'd pull that rotation.

I am open to allowing a shooter to sign up twice IF it won't slow things down and IF there are less than 32 shooters (including reshoots) To help keep that straight, it would cost another $20, but that also buys you another chance at the certificate drawing. Or, maybe it could be $15 or even $10, but NO second chance at the drawing.

But if we had 16 shooters and everyone wanted to sign up for a reshoot, who'd reset and run the stages?

A major plus for the shooter would be, he'd get twice the ammo downrange and double the practice on the same trip. He could correct errors or bad decisions ("I think I'll shoot that one in the head, weak hand only, on the move....") And be able to shoot two different platforms (revolver and semi-auto), etc.

Thoughts?

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think shooting two guns at one match, especially on a sunday night , is a bad idea.
Bottom line, it will make the match run longer.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was a lot of fun. I will certainly be making it back for another run.

That being said, keep it simple. The match needs to flow. If people want to shoot more than one gun at a match they ought to come to more than one match. These things aren't supposed to take all night.

Ek

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's say we had 26 shooters. 4 of them wanted to shoot a second gun. What would the time difference be by allowing that, or if we had 30 shooters? It should be exactly the same.

If we get 20 people, then why not let 4-5 of them, (up to 12) shoot twice?

The bottom line is, the max number of shooters will be set at 32. If we get 32 people wanting to shoot, NO ONE is going to be allowed to shoot a second time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom