Heavy weapon sling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for a sling so I can carry my 15lb rifle, anyone know of any slings that can carry this much weight? Something with good padding and wide to support the weight.

help?

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Have had two. Like them. They work.

However, I've noticed the strap has a propensity to get twisted in the buckle especially if it's under tension from a 'not light' rifle. I would strongly suggest looking at the padded slings from Blueforce Gear. My personal preference is now for their unpadded standard slings for my ARs and suppressed AK. The webbing is much thicker and wider and the padding stiffer. If your REALLY want to go big or go home they also have slings meant for the M-249 and M-240 belt-fed LMGs. If that can't help you I don't know what can!

If you really want to try a VTAC padded I might have an extra one for sale.

Ek :thumbup3:

Big_McLargehuge

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

However, I've noticed the strap has a propensity to get twisted in the buckle especially if it's under tension from a 'not light' rifle. I would strongly suggest looking at the padded slings from Blueforce Gear. My personal preference is now for their unpadded standard slings for my ARs and suppressed AK. The webbing is much thicker and wider and the padding stiffer. If your REALLY want to go big or go home they also have slings meant for the M-249 and M-240 belt-fed LMGs. If that can't help you I don't know what can!

You know what? VCAS is totally what I originally meant. I never had a VTAC, but I've had both the padded and unpadded VCAS. I got the acronyms completely mixed up derp lol

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The padded Blue Force Gear sling is nice... that's what I use on my 6.5 lb. AR, lol. Also if you are a cheap bastard like me, you can get the old green WWII-era sling pads at the surplus store for like a buck seventy five and put them on any sling to make it padded. I put those on my homemade Run 'n Gun slings and have carried rifles many miles in them. I haven't done it with any 15 pounders though. My buddy has an M-14 EBR that weighs that much... he carries it with a homemade biathlon-type sling (carries backpack style) that makes it pretty comfortable to pack, as long as you aren't carrying a bunch of other gear on your back. He made it out of some 1" tubular Army cargo strapping. He runs like a hoss in that thing. If you want an off-the-shelf biathlon sling, the TAB gear one I mentioned earlier is top shelf... and the price tag reflects it. I have played with those, and they are about as comfortable as a sling gets. I am working on a long range precision rig that will probably be in the 15 lb. range, and that is what I am planning on putting on it.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'll be at Banner Saturday if you're going

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The padded Blue Force Gear sling is nice... that's what I use on my 6.5 lb. AR, lol. Also if you are a cheap bastard like me, you can get the old green WWII-era sling pads at the surplus store for like a buck seventy five and put them on any sling to make it padded. I put those on my homemade Run 'n Gun slings and have carried rifles many miles in them. I haven't done it with any 15 pounders though. My buddy has an M-14 EBR that weighs that much... he carries it with a homemade biathlon-type sling (carries backpack style) that makes it pretty comfortable to pack, as long as you aren't carrying a bunch of other gear on your back. He made it out of some 1" tubular Army cargo strapping. He runs like a hoss in that thing. If you want an off-the-shelf biathlon sling, the TAB gear one I mentioned earlier is top shelf... and the price tag reflects it. I have played with those, and they are about as comfortable as a sling gets. I am working on a long range precision rig that will probably be in the 15 lb. range, and that is what I am planning on putting on it.
I've seen the odd back pack sling thing that would be pretty cool

Latest posts

Top Bottom