Hello from Cache Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bhargrin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all remember the reptile house out in the old Cowboy Park area? Can't remember his name, but he sure had a lot of snakes. I went out there several times while in college at Cameron.

EAGLE PARK, old lady Gibson passed away about a year ago. I heard Wayne Gibson is trying to keep the restaurant alive. They just had an event there this weekend at the Quana Parker star house.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all remember the reptile house out in the old Cowboy Park area? Can't remember his name, but he sure had a lot of snakes. I went out there several times while in college at Cameron.
I remember that - the snake house (and Jumbo the elephant) were at the southwest corner of 49 and the old Cache highway along with (I think?) a rodeo arena. Don't remember what that was named at the time, though.

I do remember Ledford's "Cowboy Park" in west Lawton ... think when it closed in the 70's some of its rides may have been transplanted to the "new" Eagle Park just southwest of the current 49 & 62 ... bumper cars and the like. Not completely sure why that seems to me to be the "new" Eagle Park either - for some reason I also seem to remember there being an earlier Eagle Park at a different location - or maybe it was just a different entrance to the same location(?). Didn't the rodeo arena relocate to west of 49 between the old and new 62 highways at one point, too?

tuskbuster

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the OLD tradin post used to be on the corner of 115 and old 62 along with the old rodeo arena,daddy said he seen Dan Blocker ,"Hoss carwright there back in late 50 s or early 60 s. Camp Eagle they say used to have rides but before my time ,its just north of cache 1/2 mile on the military res.used to owned by the Rush family i believe

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the OLD tradin post used to be on the corner of 115 and old 62 along with the old rodeo arena,daddy said he seen Dan Blocker ,"Hoss carwright there back in late 50 s or early 60 s. Camp Eagle they say used to have rides but before my time ,its just north of cache 1/2 mile on the military res.used to owned by the Rush family i believe
Trading post must be what I'm thinking of then. I've got a promo pic of Dan Blocker from there in an old photo album. Camp Eagle is just inside the gates to Fort Sill between 62 and the refuge. North of there was the original Craterville Park that was associated with the Rush family - believe that one closed around '57 and moved over near Lugert when Fort Sill and the Refuge did their land grab(s) around that time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom