Henry Big Boy Lever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been looking long and hard at this lever gun. Henry Big Boy Steel Side Carbine in 44 Mag. Really like the look of the big loop and round 16/5" barrel. I know Henry has a great reputation but wanted to know if any of you own this one or similar. Frontier Justice has one avail I may pickup this weekend for the wife to wrap up for me. Thoughts?

1702696859409.png

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been looking long and hard at this lever gun. Henry Big Boy Steel Side Carbine in 44 Mag. Really like the look of the big loop and round 16/5" barrel. I know Henry has a great reputation but wanted to know if any of you own this one or similar. Frontier Justice has one avail I may pickup this weekend for the wife to wrap up for me. Thoughts?

View attachment 437681
I have gotten the .44 and it’s amazing and shoots great. Recently picked up a .357 from a member here and it looks great just haven’t gotten to shoot it yet. @OK Corgi Rancher should chime in here for ya 👍

Edit: what price would you get it for?

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the 16", large loop, round barrel Henry in .357 Mag. I haven't had it very long and still haven't shot it. But it looks really nice, fit and finish is pretty darn good and it handles well. I have .44 rifles in Marlin and Winchester.

View attachment 437687

That sure is pretty @OK Corgi Rancher . Thanks for posting it. @caliberbob IIRC, the price at Frontier Justice was approx $975. Don't really have a problem paying an extra $75 to help keep a new and really nice gun shop in Tulsa open and support a local business.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sure is pretty @OK Corgi Rancher . Thanks for posting it. @caliberbob IIRC, the price at Frontier Justice was approx $975. Don't really have a problem paying an extra $75 to help keep a new and really nice gun shop in Tulsa open and support a local business.
Looking on line at a bunch of places I think the FJ store may have been high $800s on their price. Going by this afternoon to look again. Will report back.

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excellent carbine to use as a knock around truck gun or short range hunting gun. I was able to get the large loop, side loading 44 mag at my lgs for $900 out the door. I have the tube loader in 41 mag and was glad to get the 44 mag also.

My guy couldn’t get the new Henry in the new .360 Buckhammer, but Mao mart had two that I was able to purchase for the wife and I as brush guns. They were each $873 out the door. My guy understands when I get something shipped to him or buy elsewhere, he’s not that big.

Henry’s are accurate, all rounds touching at 50 yards with the right ammo and you do your part. I would keep it under 75 yards for deer and such but that’s just me. The 360 Bhmr should be good to 200 yards with a peep sight, 250 with a decent scope. And hit as hard as a 35 Remington.

Regards,

Attachments

• IMG_2024.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 0

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I got the Henry today. Funny backstory that made me finally pull the trigger on it this morning.

Been wanting one of these 44 mag lever guns for some time. Really had heart set in a Win 1894 but they are spendy. My wife apparently has been struggling with gifts for me for Christmas. I've been also doing a lot of research on models of Benchmade knives and have explained they are great quality, very popular but are expensive. She saw me to a lot of searching around on BladeHQ website, etc. So this morning she was talking about and hinting at benchmade knives. Somehow I got out of here that she had one saved in the "cart". Managed to have her tell me it was the BM Narrows Titanium. Asked how much it was and she said $500. I lost my mind and said I'm not carrying around a $500 pocket knife no matter how great it is. That's crazy talk and just plain nuts. Told her I really didn't want her to spend that on knife. She then said, well, go buy that rifle you were looking at. Don't have to ask me twice.

Went over to Frontier Justice and bought it. Price tag was $899 + tax. It sure is a sweet little rifle. Now looking on AG Ammo at the Hornaday 240gr XTP Hollow Point. Thought about the 225gr Leverevolution but prefer to go with more grains as I can use it also in my Colt Anaconda.

Will be interesting to see how my old eyes work with the iron sights. Receiver is tapped for a mount. Have no idea if I'd be scorned and ridiculed for thinking about putting some sort of scope or sight on it but may have to look that direction. Or, better visibility iron sights. What would yall use/do?

1702783572977.jpeg

1702783739625.jpeg