Here kitty kitty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW! 52 pounds! That bobcat was huge.

I think people that see that 52 lb bobcat, may want to reconsider their observation of a "mountain lion" where the smallest females weigh 80 lbs, and males run up to 200 lbs.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my first bobcat. I don't have pics of the cat after the shot, just as a full mount. She weighed in at 27 lbs. From the tip of the tail to the tip of the nose, she is 37 1/2 inches long.
I put her on a piece of milled rough cut cedar plank, and I still need (want) to add some leaves and or grass under the feet to hide the wire.

i2.photobucket.com_albums_y4_Matthompson_100_6237.jpg

i2.photobucket.com_albums_y4_Matthompson_100_6205.jpg

Grant

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the best shot placement for bobcats whether with a .22 or 12ga?

I've got quite a few at the lease and even had one within range last night when coyote hunting but hadn't done any research on the furbearers season.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the best shot placement for bobcats whether with a .22 or 12ga?

I've got quite a few at the lease and even had one within range last night when coyote hunting but hadn't done any research on the furbearers season.

Bobcats don't require a lot of killing.
I've killed them with a bow, a 12 ga while quail hunting, and shot them with a .17HMR, and every thing between. If possible, shoot them like deer, right behind the shoulder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom