Here kitty kitty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

coythtr

Actually the record is 76lbs taken in Maine.
I killed this one last year weighing 34lbs, and lots of others 25+ lbs.
i907.photobucket.com_albums_ac278_coythtr_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo_0138.jpg

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this is very similar to looking at deer pictures. You could look at 10 pictures of guys posing with 140" deer that they shot and I bet that maybe half would actually look like they were that size. The other half(probably more than half) would look bigger/smaller.
And 9.5 out of 10 would actually B&C score under 120 :D

CrossJ

Marksman
Reaction score
Weight is a poor way to judge bobcats. If you must judge that cat like people do deer, than skull measurements are the way to go. 33 lbs is a larger than average cat, but not uncommon. That same cat in another month may weigh several pounds less due to environmental conditions and increased prowling due to breeding season.
To me, weight is a non issue;but the fact he will stretch large to extra large is whats important. I would also be interested in seeing the belly.

Maintain

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If I remember right there are almost a dozen subspecies of bobcat in the US, with the size range growing the farther north you go.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn nice looking cats. I just love cats. Big, little. All of them. However I'm not going to shed any tears for those dead kitties. Nasty little beasts they can be.

goosedestroyer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sitting in my stand and i hear a doe blowing behind me about 5 times. A few seconds later hear crashing coming through the woods, I get ready and a doe flies by me at light speed with this cat right on her tail. I hollar loud and he checks up about 30 yards away. I just happened to have the rifle with me this morning. End of story. Pics dont do him justice. I weighed him 3 times. By himself and with me holding him. 33lbs even.

Did you shot it in the dark early morning? Just because I can see the picture with garage door opening which indicated that it is still dark outside?

Latest posts

Top Bottom