Here kitty kitty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I may get a full body mount done on him. I blew his chest out pretty good but i believe a good taxidermist can fix him up. Entrance wound is small, exit is large. 150 grain 30.06 As far as the weight, the world record is 49 pounds. This cat is 16lbs under that. I knew he was a big cat when i saw him coming through the woods. If some of yall dont think he weighs that, its fine. no offense taken.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I may get a full body mount done on him. I blew his chest out pretty good but i believe a good taxidermist can fix him up. Entrance wound is small, exit is large. 150 grain 30.06 As far as the weight, the world record is 49 pounds. This cat is 16lbs under that. I knew he was a big cat when i saw him coming through the woods. If some of yall dont think he weighs that, its fine. no offense taken.

I certainly have no doubts, do the full body thing. I think that is more impressive than a whitetail.

Devon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If some of yall dont think he weighs that, its fine. no offense taken.

I like your attitude.

However, I am a believer. My son has trapped a bunch of bobcats in NE Oklahoma and there are some big ones. Besides, if a 25# cat eats a 5# meal right before it is harvested, it will weigh pretty close to 30lbs (I think....no offense if you disagree).

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have trapped quite a few and been around other trappers. Biggest I ever saw personally was 28 lbs. I saw pics of one a few yrs ago though that was shot in south TX that was prob 40. They had him hanging on a fence with a bunch of coyotes they had killed and he dwarfed them.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should really stay out of this - I swear, it's liking fishing stories, everybody got one and nothing to prove it.
For reference, record for rufus texensis is 36lb.
At least OP used a scale, and if the scale says 33LB ... it must be 33LB, maybe the pictures just don't do it justice. I'm really not trying to start (or participate) in pissing contest - but I was really expecting a monster at 33lb; maybe he is just big-boned :P

Here is me with a 16lb female bobcat I got at a chicken pen over year ago, I'm 6'2.
i43.tinypic.com_2w4hd15.jpg

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should really stay out of this - I swear, it's liking fishing stories, everybody got one and nothing to prove it.
At least OP used a scale, and if the scale says 33LB ... it must be 33LB, maybe the pictures just don't do it justice. I'm really not trying to start (or participate) in pissing contest - but I was really expecting a monster at 33lb; maybe he is just big-boned :P

Here is me with a 16lb female bobcat I got at a chicken pen over year ago, I'm 6'2.

Dude are you wearing flip flops in that pic? No real bobcat hunter wears flip flops so I'm not gonna bite. :)

I think part of Bulls eye's cat looking maybe a little small is that it's not fully stretched out, see how the legs are bent up at the hips, etc...

Anyway, nice cats all around in those pics. I've yet to see one out deer hunting although I'm pretty sure I heard one snarl a couple years back while I was taking a thick back way through the brush to my stand. Made the hair on my neck stand up for sure.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think this is very similar to looking at deer pictures. You could look at 10 pictures of guys posing with 140" deer that they shot and I bet that maybe half would actually look like they were that size. The other half(probably more than half) would look bigger/smaller.

Latest posts

Top Bottom