Here kitty kitty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I hate to argue, world record is under 50lb on a bobcat (Canada). House cats are under 10lb unless you got a couch potato. 30lb bobcat stretched will be as tall as an average adult.

Whatever ....

30lb bobcat (not mine):
www.bestforhunting.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_11_11_26_06_Grouse_Flats_Bobcat_27_lbs.jpg

MoBoost, the rifle the fellow has in the picture sure looks like a Sako 85 Finnlite with a Leupold scope. Sure looks familiar.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if I can trust any grown a$$ man who wears crocs. Just kiddin', I can't wait to get my first bobcat. I've only seen one once, and the season wasn't open....bummer.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if I can trust any grown a$$ man who wears crocs. Just kiddin', I can't wait to get my first bobcat. I've only seen one once, and the season wasn't open....bummer.

I shot one about 8 years ago. I was coyote hunting, the cat got up on a fallen tree about thirty yards from me and started stretching its claws, but this cat looked sick, early January. Coat was nothing like the pics we have had on this thread, something was wrong with the cat, sort of sickly looking. Anyway, shot it in the gut and it made a beeline for a tree 40 yards away and made three attempts to climb the tree before bleeding out and this was in a matter of seconds. That incident there made me more fearful of them than I had ever imagined.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bobcats can be difficult to judge weight on. They almost always weigh less than people think they do. I keep a scale with me and weigh nearly every one I get just for my own personal record and the biggest I have ever taken weighed just under 25 pounds. There are some bigger ones out there but they are few and far between in my neck of the woods.
Congrats on getting the bobcat Bulls eye! It should make a great mount.

Here is a picture of a 24 pound tom that I shot 2 years ago that I would have guessed it weighed more.
i160.photobucket.com_albums_t185_okhunter_album_miscpics.jpg

Another one from Texas that weighed almost 19 pounds
i160.photobucket.com_albums_t185_okhunter_album_huntingpics058.jpg

It's difficult to guess the weight, especially from a picture.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One I shot a couple of years ago. I don't weigh them. Quail are their main diet if there are any quail around.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00169.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00165.jpg

Another that is on my wall at work:

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P6290052.jpg

Thats all for now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Front yard.
Just the hero shot. Cat was shot with the 1911 the first year that .45ACP was aproved for deer hunting.
Also harvested a doe with the same gun, from the same stand the next day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom