Heritage Rough Rider .22 LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'm still happy with mine but I've only put maybe 100 rounds through the pair and into the display they went. I still want a 16" one. It too would probably only get a few boxes run through it then be kept for comical reasons.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still got those grips on mine that @dennishoddy gave me; and the gun still works. After reading the hassle @blake711 went through, if (when) my Rough Rider breaks, I'll just turn it into a "community" parts gun.
For the price I still think these guns are a bargain. I tried to be fair in stating my son has used his alot
. I was posting my experiences just because I thought this was pretty poor service from Taurus. I have a feeling I could have called some other manufacturers and had a spring in the mail for free Monday. I will post updates on the retuned gun and if and when my springs arrive.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw the rough rider thread bumped. Reminded me its been over 2 1/2 months since my sons guns went down. I haven't seen a spring yet from Taurus and never got a call back from the gun shop I took the first gun into for repair about 3 months ago. Guess I need to make a call tomorrow.

I have decided its time to either bite the bullet and move him to 38/357s or at minimum try and find a couple sequential# Black Wranglers. I'm done fooling with these things.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw the rough rider thread bumped. Reminded me its been over 2 1/2 months since my sons guns went down. I haven't seen a spring yet from Taurus and never got a call back from the gun shop I took the first gun into for repair about 3 months ago. Guess I need to make a call tomorrow.

I have decided its time to either bite the bullet and move him to 38/357s or at minimum try and find a couple sequential# Black Wranglers. I'm done fooling with these things.
I vote 38/357’s

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This thread jarred my memory. Actually was in your neck of the woods last week and forgot about the donation I'd promised.
We will be back in that area again when they allow visitors to the assisted living area MIL is at. Sorry.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like my little Rough Rider. It's a .22LR/.22Mag convertible. I hoping I don't shoot it enough to ever need any kind of service. Taurus service was horrible 30 years ago, they were horrible 20 years ago and apparently they're still horrible.

r47Bbca.jpg

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my little Rough Rider. It's a .22LR/.22Mag convertible. I hoping I don't shoot it enough to ever need any kind of service. Taurus service was horrible 30 years ago, they were horrible 20 years ago and apparently they're still horrible.

r47Bbca.jpg
Yeah apparently their service still sucks. I went by the Gun shop the other day that sent the one in for my son first week of February. He said he is still waiting on it and 3 other guns they sent them to be returned. This has broke me from buying any more of their guns I am thinking.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My .22LR Rough Rider runs really well. it's accuracy leaves much to be desired, but it does work as far a firing a round goes. But then, I have probablt only shot maybe 100 rounds through it. If it goes down,I won 't even mess with sending it in or resort to throwing money at it. Nope, it will become a source for parts for those members who want to "pull-a-part" and try to get their gun up and running.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read a ton of reviews saying people drastically improved the accuracy on the Rough Riders by re-crowning the barrel. A lot of people did it themselves by just using a drill or a dremel with something round a little bigger than the diameter of the barrel, and polished it up just a bit.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those still interested, Dunham's Sporting Goods in Shawnee is running these for $109.99 if you use their Flash Sale Coupon (must be signed up in their loyalty program).

IMG_1900.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom