Heritage Rough Rider .22 LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both cylinders?
Seriously doubt it, at that price it will be just the .22 lr cylinder. You can order the .22 mag cylinder from their website for $29.99 though. The last one I ordered a few weeks ago, they didn't even charge shipping. They don't have to be fitted to your revolver specifically, I've ordered two and both fit and worked just fine out of the box.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the Heritage didn't have that ugly lever/button on the left side of the frame I would own several of these myself.
That is the main reason I prefer the Ruger Wrangler.
Atwoods also has a Chiappa single action 6 shot 22lr at the same price range as the Heritage that I would probably buy before I would buy the Heritage because of that ugly growth on the the frame.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the Heritage didn't have that ugly lever/button on the left side of the frame I would own several of these myself.
That is the main reason I prefer the Ruger Wrangler.
Atwoods also has a Chiappa single action 6 shot 22lr at the same price range as the Heritage that I would probably buy before I would buy the Heritage because of that ugly growth on the the frame.
Yeah, I agree, I don't care for the safety on it. The main reason I bought one in the first place was my cousin had a similar .22/.22 mag revolver when we were younger, so it was kind of a nostalgia purchase. I may have to check out that Chiappa.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if you can just take that stoopid safety thing on the frame off? I agree, it sorta ruins the look of the thing. I may have to look in to doing this.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still wish I could find a 22 mag cylinder for my father's old Hawes.

Hawes 2.jpg

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if you can just take that stoopid safety thing on the frame off? I agree, it sorta ruins the look of the thing. I may have to look in to doing this.

Or at least maybe mill it down more flush with the frame so it is not so noticeable.

For over 100 years, single action revolver pistols didn't have a safety lever,
I don't understand why Heritage needs to put one on theirs when nobody else does.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or at least maybe mill it down more flush with the frame so it is not so noticeable.

For over 100 years, single action revolver pistols didn't have a safety lever,
I don't understand why Heritage needs to put one on theirs when nobody else does.

Lawyers? Cheap gun; cheap lawyers probably.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously doubt it, at that price it will be just the .22 lr cylinder. You can order the .22 mag cylinder from their website for $29.99 though. The last one I ordered a few weeks ago, they didn't even charge shipping. They don't have to be fitted to your revolver specifically, I've ordered two and both fit and worked just fine out of the box.
$29 is a deal breaker for me. Can't believe those profit whores want that much for a simple accessory. :angry3:

^^^^ actually that is just a joke. I didn't think an extra cylinder would be that reasonable. I like shooting the .22 WMR just because it's got some umph in the hand. Ammo prices for .22 WMR down to real reasonable prices.:clap3:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I saw a plug on ebay that replaces the safety if you "lose" it for $23.

There wasn't a lot of info for obvious reasons I guess, but there appears to be a solution to the problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom