Hey! All you LEOs/OHP Guys.........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If law enforcement uses a particular tactic to catch “violators”, then every citizen ought to employ tactics to defeat that.

Criminalizing a radar detector, body armor, police scanners is just an another act to further divide one class from another. Those who are entitled to such and those who are subject to such.
Kinda makes me wonder ... How often did people driving covered wagons, buckboards, or stagecoaches get a ticket out on the open road for speeding?

How many of those cars, etc., being towed to Mexico are stolen? If those vehicles are indeed not stolen, why not put them on a car carrier? Wouldn't that add to some sort of legitimacy? And safety?

Woody

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
So why do they have to be Mexican?

if you see it all the time and they are not stopped by law enforcement common sense says they are either really good at car and mouse OR there is nothing wrong.

Why don’t you tell on yourself for using the radar detector on your glass?
Yes they are legal to have, but illegal to use when committing a crime. Wait you just use it to know where law enforcement is right? You don’t use it to not get caught speeding.
Don’t be stupid.
Someone else is breaking the law while I break the law so I will complain about them…sounds just like the republicans and democrats.
Because they live in Mexico

There is nothing wrong and you have to have probable cause to stop one. You can't just stop them because you are curious. They obey the speed limit and all traffic laws.

I really don't understand this statement. I don't have a detector and don't really like them.

If you get stopped and have a detector the officer might think that is your "verbal warning" and write you a ticket. That was my attitude toward them. They are built for one reason and that was to break the law.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda makes me wonder ... How often did people driving covered wagons, buckboards, or stagecoaches get a ticket out on the open road for speeding?

How many of those cars, etc., being towed to Mexico are stolen? If those vehicles are indeed not stolen, why not put them on a car carrier? Wouldn't that add to some sort of legitimacy? And safety?

Woody
Some do put them on car carriers. I'm assuming the cheap labor outweighs the carrier costs.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If law enforcement uses a particular tactic to catch “violators”, then every citizen ought to employ tactics to defeat that.

Criminalizing a radar detector, body armor, police scanners is just an another act to further divide one class from another. Those who are entitled to such and those who are subject to such.
I agree.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The worst thing about these guys hauling vehicles back to Mexico is they’re clearing out too many of the old Toyota and Nissan pickups! We must fight to preserve our American inventory of reliable old small trucks! Lol
You can go down to Mexico and buy them back cheap. I some that do

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because they live in Mexico

There is nothing wrong and you have to have probable cause to stop one. You can't just stop them because you are curious. They obey the speed limit and all traffic laws.

I really don't understand this statement. I don't have a detector and don't really like them.

If you get stopped and have a detector the officer might think that is your "verbal warning" and write you a ticket. That was my attitude toward them. They are built for one reason and that was to break the law.
The detector is legal to own.
AP rounds are legal, only designed for one reason, not hunting
If you are writing tickets based on your feelings because you don’t like them, shame on you. Your part of the reason why a large part of the growing trend to hate officers.
If you’re not then disregard. Thats just my attitude towards them.

You can’t just issue a ticket because you don’t like them. Feeling are not laws.
I thought we were against feelings going into laws?

The democrats are making unconstitutional laws against the 1A/2A based on feelings.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's likely for the same reason that I see tons of lawn crews pulling trailers without tags that don't seem to be messed with either. Just guessing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom