Hey Guys! I need some advice ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m sure OU College of Dentistry would be glad to “practice” on you…😜
Back when all my kids were little and it was just them, me and my 2 jobs my youngest developed an abscessed tooth. Poor baby! I gave them a call and they saw us that night, got his tooth pooled and back home before the 10 o'clock news. I used them from then on and was always happy with their work.

I wonder where the kid who pulled his tooth is now. He was really nervous (son was like 7, 8 years old) and I could tell he was afraid that The Kid was either gonna freak out and fight him or who knows what. The instructor didn't look real confident either and quietly asked me if they could put restraints on him "as a safety precaution". I, of course, said, "Absolutely NOT!"

BUT ... I knew my son and how I he was and just asked the dentist if he would give me just a second to talk to The Kid. He said "Yeah, but ..." I did like I ALWAYS did when the kids had something that hurt. Told him the dentist was gonna have to pull his tooth and he was gonna have to be real still for just a second. It was gonna suck, but it would feel better when he was done because it would release the pressure that was causing all his pain and if it hurt too bad he could squeeze my hand just as hard as he needed to. It was only gonna take a second and then we could go home.

Poor kid said "Ok, mom. We can do this, right??" I just gave him that mom grin that says you got this, kiddo and said "Of course we can!"

That kid dang kid damn near broke my hand but he did not even flinch!! I don't think I've ever been so proud in my life! Lol Both those dentists told me later that they were TERRIFIED. 🤣🤣🤣 And that they don't think most grown men would have done as good as he did. It was hysterical because those 3 grown men (the 2 dentists and my boyfriend) all looked like this gif. Me and The Kid?? Ehhhh, just another day in Paradise. Lol

Season 2 No GIF by NBC

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be prepared for sticker shock.
I don’t begrudge anyone for making a living.
I know dentist spent a bunch of time and money getting to where they’re at.
Just saying like everything else the prices have gone up.
Oh I'm sure. Not looking forward to any of it but it's gotta be done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom