OSA Deer Donation Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sucks that you got ghosted on the deer donation thing! I appreciate your willingness to still try again.

Deboned makes it super easy. Even quartered makes it super easy.
I’m set up to clean deer, and I seriously doubt most non hunters are. I figure some people might not participate in this because they don’t have a way to process one. I’m good at cleaning deer and don’t mind doing it, so I hope this offer might make it more feasible for someone without the ability to deal with having a whole dead deer dropped off at their house.

I won’t have a way to print, but I always screen shot the carcass tag anyway and will transfer it through a text.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m set up to clean deer, and I seriously doubt most non hunters are. I figure some people might not participate in this because they don’t have a way to process one. I’m good at cleaning deer and don’t mind doing it, so I hope this offer might make it more feasible for someone without the ability to deal with having a whole dead deer dropped off at their house.

I won’t have a way to print, but I always screen shot the carcass tag anyway and will transfer it through a text.
That makes sense, and is awesome of you to offer up. That sounds perfect for a member who isn’t set up to deal with a carcass.

I never eaten a big older buck. How’s the eatin’ on ‘em? If the meat is tough or pungent just make a bunch of seasoned jerky/sausage/snack sticks/ground? Or are they usually fine anyway?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That makes sense, and is awesome of you to offer up. That sounds perfect for a member who isn’t set up to deal with a carcass.

I never eaten a big older buck. How’s the eatin’ on ‘em? If the meat is tough or pungent just make a bunch of seasoned jerky/sausage/snack sticks/ground? Or are they usually fine anyway?
The bucks I’ve donated in the past to a lady in OKC said she can’t tell the difference in a big buck and a doe, taste or tenderness. I’ve supplied her with deer for over 20 years.
The deer in our area are raised on agriculture. Beans, corn, wheat, and so on.
The diet determines the taste.

Latest posts

Top Bottom