Hi, I'm new here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The rule is that to shoot in WMA firing ranges, you need a valid hunting license. I shoot at a couple of the WMA ranges regularly and have never seen a game warden or police. I don’t think the rule is enforced. There are also a number of club and pay as you go ranges available around the Tulsa area.
Just when you think you’re in the clear

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The range where the robbery happened is the Wagoner range. I believe it has been closed to the public because the Wagoner crackheads constantly trashed it. I had stopped using that range before it was closed. I almost got in a fight the last time I was there, it was no longer worth it to tolerate some of the jerks that shot there.
Was my go to for years progressively got worse never had a problem with people but nobody would pickup after their selves looked my like the city dump is why I quit and started paying to shoot

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm planning on moving to OK in 2023. My son and new daughter in law live in Tulsa. We plan on moving to around that area.
Me & the wife are in our 40's. I'm a Oregon native but, have moved around and lived in 5 states overall. I have visited OK. a few times. Mostly Lawton and Tulsa areas.
Wife and me like to target shoot often. Hoping to find a home with a little land to have a small range to use. I did see that OK. does have some state gun ranges. I did read that you need a OK. hunting license to use them. Also think I read that a older guy got shot at one a little while back :yikes2:.
I have been a member of Northwestfirearms.com for years. Looking forward to using this forum and getting to know people.
Happy New Year!
Robert P.
Welcome neighbor, the Tulsa area is a great place to live for a many reasons, mainly the people! Gun friendly, and genuinely good people, with very few exceptions!

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome neighbor, the Tulsa area is a great place to live for a many reasons, mainly the people! Gun friendly, and genuinely good people, with very few exceptions!
I do believe that! The few times I have been to OK. the people were the best part. Just one of the many great reasons I picked OK.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA Robert. If you wind up East of Tulsa, I am about 8 miles North of the" Wagoner Incident" location. I have full access to a private group "cow pasture" type place if you would like to come out and shoot with me. Kinda rough walking terrain, (we are filling in some low areas.) We have a small berm with a 90 ft hillside backstop behind, no problems with neighbors, I am the closest one half mile away. We have mostly steel targets hanging we repaint, but do stand up old shipping pallets to staple up paper or whatever if you would like. I am usually the only person there most of the time if the others are not getting ready for hunting season.

Bad part. If it rains 3-4 days previous, you are going to need something better than my TJ jeep to get in and out. It is in the lowest area around there. We have about 150yd max to shoot then have to consider other factors.

Keep me in mind and if needed, I will try to help you "get by" to give you time to get "legal" to shoot on COE property after you get settled in or find a better place to shoot where you will not need me tagging along on "Private Property".

Last edited:

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA Robert. If you wind up East of Tulsa, I am about 8 miles North of the" Wagoner Incident" location. I have full access to a private group "cow pasture" type place if you would like to come out and shoot with me. Kinda rough walking terrain, (we are filling in some low areas.) We have a small berm with a 90 ft hillside backstop behind, no problems with neighbors, I am the closest one half mile away. We have mostly steel targets hanging we repaint, but do stand up old shipping pallets to staple up paper or whatever if you would like. I am usually the only person there most of the time if the others are not getting ready for hunting season.

Bad part. If it rains 3-4 days previous, you are going to need something better than my TJ jeep to get in and out. It is in the lowest area around there. We have about 150yd max to shoot then have to consider other factors.

Keep me in mind and if needed, I will try to help you "get by" to give you time to get "legal" to shoot on COE property after you get settled in or find a better place to shoot where you will not need me tagging along on "Private Property".
Thank you very much. I might take you up on that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom