Hi Point Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won't lie, I've been a hater for many years. Had some bad experiences with them previously. I picked one of the 9mms up because it was less than $100 used. It works really well, it did take some adjustment to dial it in but they are pretty accurate.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won't lie, I've been a hater for many years. Had some bad experiences with them previously. I picked one of the 9mms up because it was less than $100 used. It works really well, it did take some adjustment to dial it in but they are pretty accurate.

On a bet, I used a 9mm model in a local match. Never missed a lick. It shot left, and I used Kentucky windage to compensate. Might have been the shooter, or the fixed sights. who knows.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny.
If all you had to hunt with and shoot for years was a 13 lb rifle and it was a tack driver that never broke in 40 years you would be happy.
Lets say you came out from under your rock and noticed a bunch of these light weight guns...some were tack drivers some were crap and fell apart..

Now you would think light rifles were crap..

Now flip side of the coin...everyone is so used to the slim light semi automatic hand gun and they think this heavy ugly sucker is crap.

NOW.. me ..I never owned a light automatic..never owned any semi auto hand gun..I grew up around wheel guns with long barrels.
I got a HIPOINT 45acp because USA made Great warranty and cheaper than other guns..( everyone wants USA made and we all say we want to have it with less money out of pocket) ( but you want light and pretty also..., U R 2 picky)

I shot 50 rounds of winchester small primer lead safe rounds through my 45 hipoint.. I got it new BTW
No issues at all....cleaned it and oiled it ..frog lubed the moving parts..I clean it every time i am done shooting.

Began handloading for it....I have well over 500 rounds through it..probably closer to 800
1 case did not fully eject..these are bullets i made from wheel weights in a lee 200gr tumble lube mold..

I loaded it down too low like in the 500fps range...That was the fail to eject all the way issue ..I made 3 rounds with that light load and 2 ejected out of 3
The rest are in the 625-800+ fps range and ZERO issues...
I am not spoiled with small guns..in fact i do not like the way those skinny light guns feel...they feel weak to me, like a plastic toy gun...
I like these man size guns...And they have put lot's of big holes in things...
I liked the hipoint 45 so much i got me another one...one for each hand...

Neither have given me any issues..the second one i got was used..
I can't vouch for the 9mm or 40 or 380 that hipoint makes as i have never had one ..nor will i..too small ,
Well the 40 would be fine ..as it would be a legal deer hunting gun here in oklahoma..
I have no use for a small pistol...But that is me and what i am used to...

I will say this accuracy was good enough that i hunted deer with it last season and got a deer with 1 shot at 42 or 47 paces can't remember...shot right in the neck..went down like a ton of bricks and stayed down.
My next deer gun season i will kill one with the wife's 357 mag...and possibly get one with the 45 front stuffer pistol.
handguns.jpg

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I really like their 9mm carbine, but the pistols are hit or miss. They are great for the money and are a good second gun. I definatley would not have one of my main gun. That is just me though. I have a buddy that has a9mm and he says he yet to have a jam and has about 400 rounds through it.

Dirty Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The HP .380 was the first pistol I bought when I turned 21. Never any problems other than mag feeding issues. I won't get rid of it but its not my favorite either. Now on to the carbines. I love them. I've had 5 or 6 995's. I still have a couple. Put a few thousand rounds through each of them and they still kick azz. Never had to use the lifetime warranty but I did call them and ask about some sights for a rifle I got at a show that we're missing. Very nice and polite customer service said I can ship you some free just need your address. I buy them when I find them cheap.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like them cheap , tough, dont have to worry about scratching the finish, and most of all if you run outa boolits ...ya can beat them with one.
Now the carbines are a different story.... and I like them too

Last edited:

spcbrindley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually own two of them a 9mm and a .380. Both of them are decent. They certainly arn't tack drivers, but they go bang. I've never had a problem with the .380 but the 9mm has given me a few ftfeed. The 9 was bought new and still only has about 300 rds through it, the other was used. Like it's been said, they are heavy and ugly as hell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom