Hi Point Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HiPoint pistol appearance- Google "Hydrocephalous" images.....

But- They apparently work and are are dirt cheap. One of the FFL guys I've dealt with for a decade is a fan of having one in every room of the house. Arguably a good idea for those without kids or idiots in their house.

Not sure I'll ever buy one, but am happy for those that need a gun and can only afford a HiPoint. Not so happy that Cops frequently come across them in thug's pockets.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hating on HiPoints is how people justify spending money on Sigs and Colts.

+1

I have owned their 45 pistol and 45 carbine. I got them cheap, fired them a lot. I sold them to get other weapons. But in hundreds of 45 ACP rounds, I NEVER had a FTF or FTE. I shot some pretty cheap ammo, but the Hi-Points always went bang and hit what I pointed at.

Anyone that claims all those misfires either had very old and/or poorly maintained weapons, IMO. Those folks who claim personal knowledge of issues are almost never actual owners of a Hi-Point. "I heard... somebody told me, never owned one, but..." yada yada

Bottom line, they are reliable, low priced weapons from an established USA company. Oh, and they have a lifetime warranty.

JME.

LL

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
on of our local ffl's primary business is selling the heck out of hi-points. He is also cheap on transfers but, he will place an HP order weekly. Prices seem to be fair.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1

I have owned their 45 pistol and 45 carbine. I got them cheap, fired them a lot. I sold them to get other weapons. But in hundreds of 45 ACP rounds, I NEVER had a FTF or FTE. I shot some pretty cheap ammo, but the Hi-Points always went bang and hit what I pointed at.

Anyone that claims all those misfires either had very old and/or poorly maintained weapons, IMO. Those folks who claim personal knowledge of issues are almost never actual owners of a Hi-Point. "I heard... somebody told me, never owned one, but..." yada yada

Bottom line, they are reliable, low priced weapons from an established USA company. Oh, and they have a lifetime warranty.

JME.

LL

I had a 995 Carbine that ran like a champ...until I cleaned it! I then had to get it all dirty so it would run right again.

YakBasser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1

JME.

LL

Warranty that transfers No Questions Asked. I bought a carbine at a P-Shop that was missing abuncha pieces and was totally filthy. I called them, Their guy called back and said Hed like to see it and to just throw it in a box like it was. A week later, got it back looking like Brand New, All parts Replaced and 2 Xtra Updated Mags.

Latest posts

Top Bottom