Hi Point Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mix of new and old shooters. One shot with his citadel .45 and put 2 mags into one hole, tried the .380 after his wife had probs with it, jammed for him. I shot the one .380, no limpwristing, as we put more rounds down it, it seemed to get better, but I think it was a mag problem based on the feeding issues it had.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HiPoint fills a niche that the gun community needs filled: personal defense handguns for the poor.

You have to remember what they're doing. They are making the simplest and cheapest gun they can, to sell to people who can't afford a $500 handgun but still need something by their bedside.
Thus, we have a blowback pistol, with a simple magazine, a heavy slide to make up for the lack of stronger and lighter materials, and an awkward weight distribution due to the cheap polymer frame. If you can afford anything else, get anything else, but if all you can afford is a HiPoint, it will do what you need it to.

I gave mine to my father (who was nogunz at the time) when I bought a better handgun, and I'll probably get it back when he upgrades, might even sell it to someone who needs it again, gotta do my part to keep my friends safe.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i53.photobucket.com_albums_g46_jckellison_tumblr_m75zk7AuZd1rzoak6o1_250_zpse39e3de2.gif

Bwhahahahaha!!!

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a .45 a few years ago to see if they were as bad as I had heard, paid $150 for it at a private table at the gun show. So far I've put a couple hundred rounds through it with no problems at all. It's big and ugly but does seem to work and is very accurate. It's too big for concealed carry or really any kind of carry as it weights too much. I haven't shot it in a while but I think I'll take to the range next time I go just for grins.

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm debating on picking up a Hi Point 45 from Sooner State Pawn. I've seen the torture tests these Hi Points have been put through and although they are ugly they can take a beating.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm debating on picking up a Hi Point 45 from Sooner State Pawn. I've seen the torture tests these Hi Points have been put through and although they are ugly they can take a beating.

Do what I did... pick it up, shoot the snot out of it... then come back and tell us it never FTE or FTF. JME.

LL

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first pistol was a Hi Point C9. The gun worked well (except for causing my trigger finger to tingle after firing about 50-100 rounds) but the magazines were hit or miss. Out of three magazines (the 8 round that came with the gun and two 10 round mags I bought) only one had anything close to reliability. Sure, you could tweak the mag lips to make them work, but I do not have the tools, the time or the temperament to be an amateur gunsmith.

Once, I loaded one magazine at the little shelf behind the range at Medlock Firearms and before I could walk the three steps to my lane, all ten rounds spontaneously ejected from the magazine! Worse yet, I never had the same magazine malfunction consistently. One time it's be the 8 round, the next time it might be one or both of the 10 round or any combination of the three. That was what finally led me to sell the gun.

Would I buy another? Probably, but I would keep sending the magazines back to Hi Point until I got ones that worked without having to be tweaked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom