Hi Point Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i53.photobucket.com_albums_g46_jckellison_hatred.gif

hallofmadness.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_internet_fist_bump_internet_fist_bump_s744x567_67783.jpg

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3 have come through my last 2 classes. 2 .380's, and a 9mm, none made it through a mag without a malfunction, one jammed approx. every other round. For the sake of time, I loaned him a pistol to finish the range portion.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3 have come through my last 2 classes. 2 .380's, and a 9mm, none made it through a mag without a malfunction, one jammed approx. every other round. For the sake of time, I loaned him a pistol to finish the range portion.

Sounds like their prone to limp-wristing maybe?
It seems the more experienced owners ie previous gun owners have better luck with them but many of you instructors have students that have issues.

Help us out here instructors, did your students seem new to firearms, or pistol shooting.

Not judging, since I've limp-wristed a time or two.

spcbrindley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my small sample of two, they do seem to like a firm grip. My wife would limp wrist the 9mm when we first got it, once I showed her how to grip it she started to like shooting it. I think it comes down to the heavy blowback operation, they need all that mass to cycle.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like their prone to limp-wristing maybe?
It seems the more experienced owners ie previous gun owners have better luck with them but many of you instructors have students that have issues.

Help us out here instructors, did your students seem new to firearms, or pistol shooting.

Not judging, since I've limp-wristed a time or two.

FWIW, I've seen and shot a few that were jamo-matics.....no limp-wristing was required.

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot 9mm and .380 versions....they tend to work ok and are what they are...cheap!

I own a Hi-Point 995...but somethings wrong with it(I think)...had a few jams and a hang-fire last time out...with good ammo. I think the thing is dirty..'cause I've owned it for years and never had the courage to take it apart or attempt to clean it...looks like a bunch of nuts and bolts and parts and pieces!!...Some day I may take it aprt and see what makes it tick

As far as it goes..it's a gun. I really pissed off a co-worker once over a Hi-Point 9mm. He had it in his mind I was going to buy his $169 near-new 9mm for $150...I offered $50...he hauled it to the gunstore and tried to trade it on a Springfield XD...gunstore wouldn't even allow $50...didn't want it at all.

In the meantime..I had bought a FEG Hi-Power clone 9mm for $175(used)..co-worker came back with no XD and still owning the 9mm Hi-Point....got plum peo'd because I had bought somebody elses gun(third-world steel and wood) and not his fine American made 9mm(zinc-alloy and plastic with steel bits)....I'm guessing he learned to live with his Hi-Point after a while...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom