HK p7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've shot one once. Was at the range with a cousin and a buddy of his. His friend had a P7 and I got to shoot it. Put 3 mags through it.
I really liked it. I said I wanted one until he told me how much they were. Around $2000 at that time.

However, this was the same guy that said his "rifle would outshoot any other rifle here". We were at a 500 yard range.
He has a Rem 700 bull barrel withe what he said was some custom work on the trigger and action, set up like a police/military rifle. All I had was my $400 hunting rifle.
We couldn't even figure out where his bullets were hitting at 200 yards, I was constantly hitting the 400 yard going and hitting the 500 yard plate about 75% of the time. (Shooting just low the rest of the time.)
He got embarrassed and put his rifle away. I think he just bought it and had never actually shot it and didn't have it sighted in.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the P7 series, I have had several over the years. Down to just two now. Thing I didn't like was the area above the trigger gets hot if you fire three or more mags rapidly especially in our summers. The P7M8 added a heat shield but it didn't help much. And the mags are expensive.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve long thought that the PSP (single stack with the Euro heel mag release) was a great carry gun. Super flat, small package, and one of the safer actions out there.

I used to own (and occasionally carry) the K3 in .32ACP, an elegant weapon from a more civilized time. Kinda wish I had it back, like most of the guns I’ve traded/sold off…

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I absolutely love them but they are not very practical. If you don't need the money hang on to it for a few more years it will probably double or triple in price like stated above they're bringing around $2,500 to 3,000 now

jberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here is a quick pic. Two mags, the original tool and cleaning brush. Even has the manual and HK sticker. Now I'm making myself want to keep it.
IMG_5368.jpeg
View attachment 506056