HK p7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParrotPirate

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep it. This is what I call a solid 401g investment. Price will only go up as long as HK doesn't start making them again. Python prices came down a little when they started making them again, but the older ones still bring a hefty premium.

jberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep it. This is what I call a solid 401g investment. Price will only go up as long as HK doesn't start making them again. Python prices came down a little when they started making them again, but the older ones still bring a hefty premium.
I’m looking to find another purchase and this would go a ways into it. I just never take it out of the safe. Can’t decide….

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are pretty novelty IMO. Great enough in their day but have no practical benefit over anything else in the last decade or so. I've owned quite a few (Including a factory nickel P7M13 that I sold here on OSA) but not worth keeping since there isn't an advantage over other pistols. They're heavy CC with low capacity and don't holster all that well (due to the design)...

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of holstering a P7, if you holster a P7M8 in a P7 PSP holster the magazine will eject with considerable force. After that happens expect someone to point and laugh at you.
The P7 is an interesting design, but practice with it is a problem since after about 35 rounds they're pretty hot. When the Walther PPS came out I switched to that and got rid of the P7. The Walther PPS didn't heat up and a 207 round practice session is more comfortable to shoot.

ParrotPirate

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking to find another purchase and this would go a ways into it. I just never take it out of the safe. Can’t decide….
If you are a fan of “hipster” handguns then a P7 is something you need on your collection. If you intend to collect the Bundeswehr P series pistols than you would be a fool to let one go only to have to reaquire one in the future. The only way I see the value on them decreasing is if someone starts making them again. If I may step onto my soapbox here, there is a difference between a collection and an accumulation of items. Having a P1-P8 is a collection, but having a P7 mixed in with a bunch of random Glocks, M+Ps, and ARs is more of what I call an accumulation. The accumulated firearms in my collection exist mainly to shoot, sell or trade towards the things I need to complete collections. A P7 isn’t a mind-blowing shooter and if doesn’t fit your main collecting hobbies then I don’t think you will regret selling it as long as you get something you really want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom