HK Trigger job??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a HK P30 and kinda thinking about getting a Trigger job done to it. Still not sure just yet. Its not bad as it is from the factory just dry firing it. But had not had time to take it out to shot it. Just one thing I do not like about it is the RESET! In SA its not bad but in DA I want more of a 1911 feel to it. I have a few 1911's and I know it will not be the same but I hope I can get it almost their.

If it was a AR-15, 1911, HK rifles I would know who to send it to for a good job. But this is something new to me. I have had a few of the newer HK handguns in the past (HK USP's, compacts and full size, P2000, and the P2000SK) but I did not do anything to them, but shoot them.

Now this is not going to be a full time carry gun. I sold my .38 to someone that just had to have it so I had to changes guns around. My Colt 1911 still will be my full time carry gun. This HK will be a carry gun time to time, maybe a night stand gun but more for a range gun. So I am debating about having a Trigger job done. If I do I can do one of 2 things... 1- find someone around Tulsa to work on it or 2- send it to someone that work on HK Triggers...

If I let someone around here do the work, I would not have a clue to take it 2. Anyone know who is good with HK Triggers?

Same if I sent it out, No clue who to take it to...

I did Google HK triggers and came across Bill Springfield, with www.TriggerWork.net

His price seem to be good but again still dont know anything about it.

Let me know what you all think about this and if you know anyone that can do a good job, I would like to know more. Thank you all for reading. JB

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sell the HK, buy a Walther PPQ, pocket the difference. :thumbup3:

Or, save the money and buy a PPQ and keep the HK. The amount of money you would need to spend for a drop in trigger + trigger work would be about the same amount of money it would cost to buy a PPQ :D

No amount of money or work will get the HK's trigger even close to the PPQ. Maybe if you had the LEM trigger and bought a competition LEM trigger, then it would be close... but if it's SA/DA, then there's only so much you can do.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or, save the money and buy a PPQ and keep the HK. The amount of money you would need to spend for a drop in trigger + trigger work would be about the same amount of money it would cost to buy a PPQ :D

No amount of money or work will get the HK's trigger even close to the PPQ. Maybe if you had the LEM trigger and bought a competition LEM trigger, then it would be close... but if it's SA/DA, then there's only so much you can do.

So you are saying I can get a Walther PPQ under $300.00?? WOW. I may need to look into that.

But all in all guys, I am not looking to buy a Walther PPQ. I had the walther P99 QA and I did not like it and that is what the PPQ looks to be based off of.

All I am asking for is who to use for a P30 Trigger work. Not what you all think I need.

I went and shot the P30 today, and the trigger is not bad at all. Like I said, the only thing I do not like about it is the trigger re-set. and from what I been reading, that is a easy fix for the right trigger guy.

But if you guys still think I need a Walther PPQ, thats fine.... Let me know once you buy it for me and I will come pick it up..... :hypnotize:

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you are saying I can get a Walther PPQ under $300.00?? WOW. I may need to look into that.

But all in all guys, I am not looking to buy a Walther PPQ. I had the walther P99 QA and I did not like it and that is what the PPQ looks to be based off of.

All I am asking for is who to use for a P30 Trigger work. Not what you all think I need.

I went and shot the P30 today, and the trigger is not bad at all. Like I said, the only thing I do not like about it is the trigger re-set. and from what I been reading, that is a easy fix for the right trigger guy.

But if you guys still think I need a Walther PPQ, thats fine.... Let me know once you buy it for me and I will come pick it up..... :hypnotize:

Just trolling you about the PPQ. A buddy of mine paid about $300 for his H&K trigger and paid another 200 for a smith to work on it. However, he wanted his tuned for competition, so it's probably way more expensive than the type of trigger / work you would need it for. Not an HK expert, but from what I know, the LEM triggers can be worked to have a nice short reset. The DA/SA are a bit more tricky. Again, just from what I hear.

I will say that the PPQ trigger is nothing like the p99 series. The PPQ has the shortest reset (1/8") out of any polymer handgun and arguable out of most handguns period. It's also about a 3.5 pound pull. If you haven't tried dry firing it, you owe yourself just to try it once. Even the most staunch Walther haters eyes light up the first time they squeeze a PPQ trigger. It really is unbelievable that a trigger with that short of a reset and crisp pull is coming out of a striker fired pistol and not a 1911.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My apologies to ColtDogg for veering this thread off topic. I know how he loves HK products - and for good reason, they are outstanding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom