HK Trigger job??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just trolling you about the PPQ. A buddy of mine paid about $300 for his H&K trigger and paid another 200 for a smith to work on it. However, he wanted his tuned for competition, so it's probably way more expensive than the type of trigger / work you would need it for. Not an HK expert, but from what I know, the LEM triggers can be worked to have a nice short reset. The DA/SA are a bit more tricky. Again, just from what I hear.

I will say that the PPQ trigger is nothing like the p99 series. The PPQ has the shortest reset (1/8") out of any polymer handgun and arguable out of most handguns period. It's also about a 3.5 pound pull. If you haven't tried dry firing it, you owe yourself just to try it once. Even the most staunch Walther haters eyes light up the first time they squeeze a PPQ trigger. It really is unbelievable that a trigger with that short of a reset and crisp pull is coming out of a striker fired pistol and not a 1911.

Me a Comp shooter,,, NO not not going to happen. Its a fun gun. After I shooting yesterday I may need to stay with rifles... lol
But its been some time that I have shot pistols. So I just need some work. Like I said I got my 1911's for carry guns, that will never change. I made carry this P30 time to time on the swing arm bag on the bike but its just a nice gun to have.

My apologies to ColtDogg for veering this thread off topic. I know how he loves HK products - and for good reason, they are outstanding.
Its all good Dave. Like I said in PM I did not even know that made the PPQ tell you said something about it. I have not looked at all new guns after I left the gun shop 2 years ago.
I still hear about all the new Ruger runs from my boss, but that is about it.

If you want a good HK trigger with a very short reset, try the P7. It has one of the best factory triggers ever made.

You dont got to tell me about the P7's they are very nice. I had 4 of them over the years. 2 of the PSP, and 2 of the M8 guns. Very nice and sweet. I wish I would of not let them all get away. But But my wish wish is so big and only have so mush money...

Now here is my thing, I am not a big fan of the striker fired guns. I want a hammer, one I can see. I just have not been a big fan of the Glocks, M&P and guns like that and not trying to get anything going with that but they are just not for me. They are good guns but just not what I like.

Ince I get the RE-Set on this P30 taken up, it will be where I want it, and I will be very happy with it.

I do thank you all for reading.

osy79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey ColtDogg, haven't been on here in awhile and just happened to see your post. Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I thought I could add something. I sent my HK45, HK45c, and P30L to Bill Springfield in CO, and got the following services:

**H&K USP, HK45, P2000, P30 full sized or compact all calibers, reduce single action weight 1 to 2#, actual sear creep reduced up to 85% after slack take up. A new match hammer spring is supplied and installed, DA pull will drop 1-3#, depending on the model and variant. Price is $69. Only the lower frame less the magazine is needed.

**H&K USP, HK45, P2000, P30 full sized or compact all calibers, DA/SA & LEM, trigger overtravel set screw. I can install a HK match USP set screw in your trigger. This will eliminate overtravel, add $19. The only exception is the USP compact, it does not like the set screw.

**Trigger reset reduction option. P-30, P-2000, HK45, USP, all versions. Reset is reduced up to 40%+, firing pin safety block remains. Work includes USP match trigger set screw installed and lever plate tuning; add $59.

Here is his site: http://www.triggerwork.net/usp.html

Edmond

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
osy79,

Do you notice a difference?

Bruce Gray is a very well respected 'smith and instructor. I know a lot of Sig guys like his 'smith work on their pistols. A little bit too pricey and long of a wait for me, though.

Phadrian

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey ColtDogg, haven't been on here in awhile and just happened to see your post. Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I thought I could add something. I sent my HK45, HK45c, and P30L to Bill Springfield in CO, and got the following services:

**H&K USP, HK45, P2000, P30 full sized or compact all calibers, reduce single action weight 1 to 2#, actual sear creep reduced up to 85% after slack take up. A new match hammer spring is supplied and installed, DA pull will drop 1-3#, depending on the model and variant. Price is $69. Only the lower frame less the magazine is needed.

**H&K USP, HK45, P2000, P30 full sized or compact all calibers, DA/SA & LEM, trigger overtravel set screw. I can install a HK match USP set screw in your trigger. This will eliminate overtravel, add $19. The only exception is the USP compact, it does not like the set screw.

**Trigger reset reduction option. P-30, P-2000, HK45, USP, all versions. Reset is reduced up to 40%+, firing pin safety block remains. Work includes USP match trigger set screw installed and lever plate tuning; add $59.

Here is his site: http://www.triggerwork.net/usp.html

Does he supply the parts or do you? I bought a trigger kit from HKparts and installed it myself. it is a drop in kit and I wouldn't recommend it for the weak hearted, but the end result is 1# reduction in trigger pull 4 pounds SA and 8-9 lbs DA. it feels much better and the factory trigger wasn't that bad.

I understand there will be a gunsmith at the Wanemacher gun show who will do trigger jobs while you shop.

Good luck whatever you choose.

osy79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
osy79,

Do you notice a difference?

Some areas there was a big difference. My HK45 now has a SA trigger pull of 3.5lbs, and the DA is a very smooth 7lbs. The HK45c & P30L didn't see as much of a drastic change. They are still similar to stock, though the triggers feel less squishy now, and a little lighter. The over travel screw & new short reset are fantastic. For what I got I wouldn't hesitate to send Bill my next HK.

Latest posts

Top Bottom