Hog hunting in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donokc

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals,

I just found out about this website and it is wonderful to talk to people locally. I have lived here for about 20 yrs and have been hunting and fishing the state for the most part of it, primarily deer. I have heard that there are some wild hog here in the state and i would really like to get an opportunity to hunt one but don't know where is a good place to start. If anyone have any information please let me know, i'm greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a great day.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those critters crawl all over Fort Cobb. Was duck hunting there 3 years ago and had a 300+lb boar on the other side of the water we were hunting. We just watched it as it meandered away. Thinking about trying for one in January after duck and deer seasons close. Another area to try is out near Gore, Oklahoma. There's a lot of hogs near the Corps land.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are tons of hogs around. Many are on private land. However there are several on public land on the red river above texoma lake. Several on the corp land on the washita river arm. There are hogs on Cobb Creek above ft cobb lake, however its shotgun archery only so it doesn't get much pressure this time of year. However deer season and waterfowl season it can be covered up with people. The public land above Canton is usually covered up with hogs. However all the hog areas on public land is dependant on there being water close by when the temps are in the 100s. I am in the double digits on hog killing this year and hope to top 40 by years end. Its really cutting in to my fishing time however.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Bassin, I got me a herd of spotted pigs in the bottom last few nights! I am all kinds of excited. First night we had a lil sow run right in front of the ranger, so we chased her down and roller her with the ranger. She high tailed it. Came back the next night and found her and her piglets again and managed one little football. Surprisingly, last night more showed up, bout 4 spotted sows and a ton of footballs. I emptied a 30 round clip from a .22 on them on the run. Takin a little more umph with me tonight if they come back.

Sorry to hijack... don't know nothin bout no hog huntin anywhere. ;)

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Roosta - Leave a few, Huckleberry might be interested in popping a few. My M1A has not talked in a while. Course I might oughta come down and check out my own creek bottom.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha sorry, pigs are first come first serve. The only thing they get left for is the buzzards. We're irrigating out of the river and apparently the pigs have stumbled upon the softest, wettest ground around. The amount of damage they can do in a night will make you cringe, so we're running them off as quickly as possible. Made a couple of rounds through with the spotlight last night but no takers. After three nights in a row of getting hammered on, they changed their pattern.

Latest posts

Top Bottom