Hog hunting reg question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the ODW web site.

Public Lands

Hogs may be taken on lands owned or managed by the Department during any established hunting season(s) with methods authorized for those lands and season(s).

Am I reading this correctly that if there is not a hunting season in progress, that hogs cannot be taken on lands owned or managed by the ODW?

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking about that as well, but they don't really have a "defined" season.
Open year around, but its still leaving me with questions.
Maybe I'm just putting too much thought into this?

Jared where are you?

Actually they do and most public lands list if predator hunting is open same as statewide or not, but if in doubt I would wait for a GW to answer too. The only area I know of that is closed to hog hunting outside of deer season is Honobi.

If you go, give us a report and pics. Good Luck

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/regs/furbearer.htm
COYOTE

Dates & Open Areas

Open year-round, except it shall be unlawful to hunt, take or attempt to take coyotes from dark to daylight with the aid of any artificial light and any sight dog.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its getting close to crappie and sandies up in the creeks on Kaw, and I've heard that some hogs are taking over in that area. Since I always have a firearm with me that is legal for hogs, I'm just wanting to make sure I'm covered. Be fun to bust a couple of them and use the bacon to wrap some crappie fillets in:D

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its getting close to crappie and sandies up in the creeks on Kaw, and I've heard that some hogs are taking over in that area. Since I always have a firearm with me that is legal for hogs, I'm just wanting to make sure I'm covered. Be fun to bust a couple of them and use the bacon to wrap some crappie fillets in:D

I think I just drooled on my keyboard.That would be awesome.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the ODW web site.

Public Lands

Hogs may be taken on lands owned or managed by the Department during any established hunting season(s) with methods authorized for those lands and season(s).

Am I reading this correctly that if there is not a hunting season in progress, that hogs cannot be taken on lands owned or managed by the ODW?

I'm right here. On department lands hogs have to be taken with legal means for the season in progress. And of course proper licenses/tags for the appropriate season.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Bacon wrapped fish fillets!!! How did that never cross my mind? What a good idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom