Hogs and stuff...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ther Bergara claimed its first victim this morning.

photostudio_1706371320677.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First time hunting with the Bergara. I've had it for a little while now and it is VERY picky about ammo. I've probably tried at least 12 different types of factory ammo and none of them would shoot under 1". I was able to find my own load using 165 gr Noslers and Varget that will group under 1".

My go to 308 load for almost 20 years uses Varget and 165 grain Corelokt bullets.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My go to 308 load for almost 20 years uses Varget and 165 grain Corelokt bullets.
I've only ever tried factory remington corelokt ammo. I need to get some bullets and try some loads. The factory stuff/bullet has always performed pretty good for me now that I think about it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only ever tried factory remington corelokt ammo. I need to get some bullets and try some loads. The factory stuff/bullet has always performed pretty good for me now that I think about it.
Unless they’ve started selling them again recently, Remington quit selling bullets to the public for reloading several years ago. I have a pretty good stash, but I’m now limiting myself to only using them for hunting.
The 165 gr. Speer Grand Slam is pretty close to the 165 gr Corelokt, and that’s the bullet I’ll use if/when my Corelokts run out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom