Hogs and stuff...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice @thaHooligan
Would have been nice if that moma came back into the scene so you could have popped her.

I got to go with a friend to get 5 pigs trapped in a round pen yesterday.
Took 4 home after gutting them there.
All in the ice chests quartered up and I cooked a couple backstraps all night in the crock pot and pulled them apart and made BBQ.

I may grind a bunch later today and make some breakfast sausage.
3 were small like the runners you had.

1 larger boar maybe 125-150 lbs I kept the back straps only and they were a B+ just barely pissy.
Those were the ones I cooked.
1 larger female 90-100 lbs and going to make hams from her.

Probably need to get those soaking in the brine.

Last edited:

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot a doe yesterday morning with the 338 lapua. I had just finished gutting her and heard something maybe 15 yards behind me. Turned around and and there was a coyote creeping through the woods. Shot it with the Canik tp9sfx at about 25ish yards. I had to use my phone to try and video the coyote and it went out of focus right before I shot. 🤦‍♂️

photostudio_1704056000913.jpg

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
love your videos.....did the canik jam on you?
Yea, but I think it may have been from me not being fully ready for that second shot and I was little limp wristed with it. I'll probably take it out to my range and shoot a few more to see how it does. Or maybe it's from me leaving the mags full all the time and the mag spring is getting weaker? I'm not exactly sure.

Edit: It also probably doesn't help that I haven't cleaned this pistol in 4 or 5 years and it gets carried into the woods a lot! lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom