Hogs and stuff...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a short video on how I clean skulls. I boil them in dish soap or if I want them really white I will use about one scoop of oxy clean. The oxy clean is stronger, so you need to be careful or it will bleach the bottom of the antlers if you get the water level to high above the skull during the simmer.

photostudio_1701048364266.jpg

Last edited:

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the video from my hunt. Like I said in a previous post, things didn't go exactly to plan on this one. He came out pretty quick into the open and I tried to bleat/grunt to stop him. I think 8 or 9 times out of 10 that works to get them to stop, perk their ears up and look to see what's there, but not this guy. He instantly started to take off. Apparently he didn't like whatever it was I said to him. Unfortunately he took 3 shots to put down, but I think all the hog hunting I've done has helped with hitting targets on the move. Looking back, maybe I should have just taken the first shot while he was at a trot instead of trying to stop him.

Snipe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a short video on how I clean skulls. I boil them in dish soap or if I want them really white I will use about one scoop of oxy clean. The oxy clean is stronger, so you need to be careful or it will bleach the bottom of the antlers if you get the water level to high above the skull during the simmer.

View attachment 432165

Thanks for this. Have my boys skull sitting waiting to start and this just gave me what I needed

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, in this one, I somehow managed to shoot the wrong hog. I checked my drop at 200 with Strelok and should have looked at my own data. I shot these bullets at 200 and texted myself the drop, but in the moment, I didn't look at that. That caused me to hit a few inches lower than where I was aiming. Then on top of that, my gun jammed...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't know what to look for if I took it apart. I just put it back in the box and was going to try and shoot it again. lol. It was factory Hornay Black ammo.
I am with you try it one more time and see what happens.
If it goes off then most likely the primer was not seated all the way in.

If it fails to go off then maybe there is not any powder in the case.
I have seen that happen.

If it did not fire on round 2 I would then take it apart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom