Homelessness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why are there so many homeless people now? Has it always been this way? Is it just the cost of living? It’s not like Oklahoma has a high unemployment rate
If anyone knew the answer for that and patent the idea, they would become rich overnight.
There are so many metrics from legalizing drugs, closing the mental institutions, LEO not being allowed to do their jobs in some states, inflation, medical bankruptcy, and so on.
I don't think there is one single issue driving it.

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know quite a few homeless people. I would say 99% have serious drug addictions. The ones I know have burned every bridge of family members by stealing from them. I have compassion for them and have helped some of them but most homeless are by choice. I knew a one legged homeless guy that was given a decent camper and destroyed it then was given a nice wood portable building and destroyed it to. He is homeless.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know quite a few homeless people. I would say 99% have serious drug addictions. The ones I know have burned every bridge of family members by stealing from them. I have compassion for them and have helped some of them but most homeless are by choice. I knew a one legged homeless guy that was given a decent camper and destroyed it then was given a nice wood portable building and destroyed it to. He is homeless.
Crazy. It seems like homelessness was less of a problem in the past. I talked to a few of them and some of them came from out of state

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spend some time on the west coast along the I-5 corridor in California, Oregon, and Washington. It is so bad out there that all kinds of businesses are putting combination locks on their bathrooms to keep the homeless from going in and doing whatever. Nothing like needing a code for a bathroom when one needs to go while buying lunch at a fast food place, or even in a hardware store.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spend some time on the west coast along the I-5 corridor in California, Oregon, and Washington. It is so bad out there that all kinds of businesses are putting combination locks on their bathrooms to keep the homeless from going in and doing whatever. Nothing like needing a code for a bathroom when one needs to go while buying lunch at a fast food place, or even in a hardware store.
Know a lot of veterans (Vietnam, Gulf, GWOT) who live in the forest areas of the PNW, only place they seem to be able to find peace. Some work part time, some live off military or VA retirement benefits. Not many are addicts, a few are alcoholics.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're doing that in Tulsa now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom