Horseradish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Planted horseradish and wasn't impressed. 1) it's like crazy invasive and I started having off-shoots pop up everywhere in my garden, 2) it wasn't hot like I prefer and 3) harvesting is a pain. So, I'll just go with store bought. There's some in the refrigerated section we prefer.

Other than a jalapeno or serrano, nothing should go in the jar with cucumbers/pickles. Other than egg wash, cornmeal, a little flour, salt/pepper and 350 degree oil, nothing should go in the skillet with okra. And, yes, okra is not meant to be pickled.
pickles.jpg

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve liked horseradish since I was a kid using horsey sauce on my roast beef sandwiches at Arby’s. I would use so much I couldn’t breath because the lining of my nose was on fire.

I like wasabi and the hot mustards on Asian food.

Good stuff.

I don’t like sweet pickles, favor more of a dill pickle.
Arbys isnt real horseradish to me. Not near hot enough. Go to a good steak house and get prime rib and ask for their best horseradish. A small dab with a bit of meat is awesome.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Arbys isnt real horseradish to me. Not near hot enough. Go to a good steak house and get prime rib and ask for their best horseradish. A small dab with a bit of meat is awesome.
Horsey was pretty damn hot when I was 8 years old. Lol.

I buy real horseradish for sandwiches at home. And I do like a good home grilled prime rib or even a ribeye with lots of horseradish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom