Horseradish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well its more like Mayonnaise now LOL
1725394696082.gif

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Planted horseradish and wasn't impressed. 1) it's like crazy invasive and I started having off-shoots pop up everywhere in my garden, 2) it wasn't hot like I prefer and 3) harvesting is a pain. So, I'll just go with store bought. There's some in the refrigerated section we prefer.

Other than a jalapeno or serrano, nothing should go in the jar with cucumbers/pickles. Other than egg wash, cornmeal, a little flour, salt/pepper and 350 degree oil, nothing should go in the skillet with okra. And, yes, okra is not meant to be pickled.
View attachment 507893
Homemade dill pickles okra
IMG_20240903_154908191_HDR.jpg

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Homemade dill pickles okraView attachment 507951
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. One for every jar! Others in my family love pickled okra but I'm a picky eater. I do have a jar of pickled okra with a jalapeno that my Mom jarred up for my wife. I won't be eating any of it but like growing the okra and giving away.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. One for every jar! Others in my family love pickled okra but I'm a picky eater. I do have a jar of pickled okra with a jalapeno that my Mom jarred up for my wife. I won't be eating any of it but like growing the okra and giving away.
My wife likes it but I can eat a little . We have put hot peppers and/ or garlic in it. You can see a garlic clove in the bottom. We do the same with pickles.

We can a lot of stuff instead of buying it. I know how it was grown and what is in it

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Homemade dill pickles okraView attachment 507951
What did the Okra ever do to you?

Just kidding, my wife buys picked Okra, I like it fried. However fried, pickled okra would be awesome! Would need to have Catsup and Horseradish sauce along with it.

Follow me on "Guys Grocery Games" for more recipes.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom