Houston man killed defending home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am searching every lead I can on this, and about all I can find out about the homeowner's gun is that it failed after the first round, they shot him to death, and took the worthless gun from him when they fled.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too many people think that simply owning a gun will turn the odds in their favor when they need it. You need to buy a reputable firearm and you need to shoot and clean/lube it regularly. Only if you actually know your weapon and are proficient with it could you call yourself "prepared".

I've got an uncle that refuses you spend an extra $200 on a gun because his tarus is "just as good". Then when he comes out to shoot them, they are jam-o-matics and he said "really just having one shot should be enough to get someone out of your house anyways". I just have no words for how flawed this logic is. :smack:

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too many people think that simply owning a gun will turn the odds in their favor when they need it. You need to buy a reputable firearm and you need to shoot and clean/lube it regularly. Only if you actually know your weapon and are proficient with it could you call yourself "prepared".

I've got an uncle that refuses you spend an extra $200 on a gun because his tarus is "just as good". Then when he comes out to shoot them, they are jam-o-matics and he said "really just having one shot should be enough to get someone out of your house anyways". I just have no words for how flawed this logic is. :smack:

I can't even find out if it was a semi or a revolver.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't make any difference. All will fail at one time or another.

Anybody that says they have a gun that is 100% reliable, is a liar, or has not put many rounds through it.

It could be ammo, it could be the gun, but all will fail to fire at one time or another.

Latest posts

Top Bottom