How about a Oldies Rimfire photo/whatcha got thread? Here is one of mine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Marlin 22 Ruger MKIII 001.jpg Marlin 39A presafty 16 inch barrel

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's mine, a Remington 514 date of birth 1947 iirc. (I need to research it again and double check the exact year). It's my very first gun ever. It belonged to a friend of my dads and I found it sitting in a dusty corner of his living room while my dad was visiting. The friend saw me looking at it and asked if I wanted to buy it. I was like 11 I think, I didn't know anything from anything so I said "sure" and he said "ok, $10". I guess I thought they were messing with me, when you are that age adults are always messing with you, so I looked at my dad and he said "well, I guess you should pay the man" and I said "um..dad, I don't have ten dollars". He busted up laughing as did his friend and my dad pulls out a ten dollar bill and hands it to me. I still think they are messing with me but I thought *what the heck* and took the money from my dad and handed it to his friend. He looked at me and said "Congratulations, you just made one heck of a deal".

I had no idea what he meant and I still thought they were messing with me but then the guy said "you bought it, it yours, pick it up and take it with you". At that point I started wondering if they were serious so I picked it up and went and sat by my dad holding it. I still wasn't sure it wasn't them playing a joke until we walked out the door with it. My dad had already put me through his version of a gun safety course, which was way more intense than the official one I went through later, so he knew I knew how to handle the gun safely but my mom was a whole different story, she was not happy LOL. Fortunately dad convinced her I knew what I was doing and I was allowed to keep it.

The front sight was broken, probably the reason it's previous owner had relegated it to corner duty so that Christmas dad got me a 4X Bushnell scope for it. He laughed that the scope and the cost of mounting was 20X the cost of the rifle. I spent several years "sniping" cans, sticks and rocks. My dad gave me a little H&R Topper Jr .410 the next year which happened to be the year he died. Unfortunately, someone stole the H&R, which still makes me sick whenever I think of it. He was the greatest dad in the world and we didn't get much time together but I am thankful that he instilled that love of shooting in me because it's something I have loved ever since.

So here she is. The original Bushnell scope's cross hairs broke many years ago and the rifle sat unused the whole time. A few years ago I decided to put a new 4X, a Nikon this time, on the rifle and shoot her again. I used the same scope mounts and I kept the broken original Bushnell. I took it to the range and once the new scope was dialed in the rifle still shot beautifully which is saying something for a rifle this old with a trigger that wobbles around like a straw in a soda glass LOL. I absolutely LOVE this rifle :)

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was wiping down some guns in the safe and thought I'd post a pic of my oldies!
[Broken External Image]
Top to bottom: Winchester model 62A, Remington model 12-CS in .22 Rem special, and Winchester model 63.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a 6" H&R 922,,,
Nine shot .22 LR.

www.aarondgraham.com_pics_140630_HR_922_lr.jpg

This is an odd-ball little gun,,,
I got it for a next to nothing price.

The DA trigger is about 45 pounds pull,,, :shocked:
But the SA trigger is nice, light, and crisp.

I am trying to find an owners manual for this revolver,,,
It has an odd aspect that I would like to know more about.

The cylinder will turn freely when the hammer is down,,,
But when the hammer is back it locks very tightly.

I have asked about this on several forums,,,
Many folk have said this is normal operation for this model,,,
But I can't imagine anyone making a pistol with a free turning cylinder.

Be that as it may,,,
The thing is very precise.

Using a cheap plastic rest,,,
I can shoot 1" or less groups all day at 25 yards.

I like pairing a rifle with a pistol,,,
I put them in one case as a range set.

I have paired this early 50's revolver,,,
With my early 50's (late 40's?) Mossberg 340-KC rifle.

www.aarondgraham.com_pics_340_KC_1.jpg

Both are old school American made shooters,,,
They compliment each other very well.

Aarond

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an 1890 Winchester hex barrel pump rifle, 1918 is the date of manufacturing from what I can find. Chambered in .22 long only.
Pistol is a S&W K-22 masterpiece made in the 40's with the sweetest trigger you will ever touch.

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_01_21_1b84456b74b9ceb88d1bd9b32a308040.jpg

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_01_21_9ecdde8975ea3826325edbe7321c2abb.jpg

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am in love with that Winchester pump.

I had one almost identical to yours,,,
I think it was an 1890 also,,,
It was 189-something.

Mine was chambered in .22 Short only.

I bought it at a farm auction in like 1961-62,,,
I paid over three weeks allowance for it,,,
It cost me a whopping 5 dollar bill.

It was missing the magazine rod,,,
So it became a single-shot.

Dang but that gun was accurate,,,
My Pop could light matches with it at 15 feet.

Laying prone I could hit pop bottles at a measured 100 yards.

Sure wish I still had that rifle,,,
I gave it to my baby brother when I went into military service.

I think he traded it for a bag of weed. :pissed:

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom