How are your stocks doing now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was retiring when the market first crash . My money was being moved and was in limbo so I didn't take the big loss. So right after it bottomed we bought in several stocks and bonds which were soon sold. I talked to my advisor last week and we were up 87K. I don't keep up with it much, she does. We can make it on our SS until it runs out of money.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's some pumped up metrics in the market IMO. The shyt will hit the fan eventually in terms of economic data, so keep some cash handy. However, there's no other place to go for investors. Cash products suck.

JMO. Worth what you paid for it.

I concur. We've kicked the can down the road, and I don't think we've seen the worst of this yet financially.

When the stimulus packages are all gone, and that money is spent, and the unemployment bonus ends, and unemployment stays historically high, I believe it's going to get ugly.

Also, JMO.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Checked mine this morning. The portfolio (used loosely) back to the all time high and up about 6% overall for year to date. Talk about a big swing from high to low due to the Covid scare. I saw a 22% drop from 2/27 to 3/25 then it started to recover.
I had a little dry powder to put in back in march and April , and I am up about 28% which I would have put in more but I am conservative plus most of these pay a healthy dividend
C60AAB0B-FDB3-4D24-B436-1639AF8A712D.jpeg

Last edited:

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The gains are awesome. Mine is back were it was before this crap. Looking to move some funds around to miss the next down turn and retire in about 16 months.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the low risk stocks since retired. Even during the worst, they only went down a buck or so a share. Back up to making a little money now. Haven't got a statement to get a percentage yet this quarter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom