how bout them pokes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
His answer to that question seemed a little unnatural...like maybe he was told he better change his tune? I can only imagine the phone call from a certain oil tycoon after his comments last week.

That being said, I don't think the championship teams should be chosen based upon the supposed final score of the championship game. I think the two best teams in the country should play, but I DON'T think someone should be playing in the national championship game who didn't even win their own conference championship. It needs to be LSU-OSU.

I got so SICK of hearing the announcers drone on tonight about how Alabama deserved it more.

My wife & I argued about this at the beginning of the game. I said he should be selling the OSU bid to the voting coaches, not deferring to Bama. She said he was staying humble till after the Bedlam game and that he'd promote the OSU bid then. Danged if she wasn't right. Well, she went to OSU when Gundy was the QB, but I still hate when she's right! :)

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesnt really matter IMHO who "deserves" it more. This isnt little league where everyone gets a cute little trophy. Its about seeing the best 2 teams in th country. Now without a playoff, no one knows who the best 2 are, but within this system and the games played to this point, its pretty clear LSU and Alabama are the best 2 teams in the country. I think OSU would get murdered by LSU or even Alabama for that matter. Alabama is the only team based on the information we have been given, who has any shot at beating LSU. Saying that truly pains me, since I despise LSU.....:rolleyes2

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesnt really matter IMHO who "deserves" it more. This isnt little league where everyone gets a cute little trophy. Its about seeing the best 2 teams in th country. Now without a playoff, no one knows who the best 2 are, but within this system and the games played to this point, its pretty clear LSU and Alabama are the best 2 teams in the country. I think OSU would get murdered by LSU or even Alabama for that matter. Alabama is the only team based on the information we have been given, who has any shot at beating LSU. Saying that truly pains me, since I despise LSU.....:rolleyes2

Careful, they'll call you names around here for telling the truth like this. Watching LSU today and how they literally blew guys off the ball on D-line and O-line, not to mention their special teams I'm gonna agree and I can't stand LSU either.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with this, but OSU made a statement tonight. I agree with Gundy too. They can now legitimately say they've earned it. I'd vote to give them a shot at LSU if I could. If they squeaked out a nail biter I'd say 'Bama #2.

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with this, but OSU made a statement tonight. I agree with Gundy too. They can now legitimately say they've earned it. I'd vote to give them a shot at LSU if I could. If they squeaked out a nail biter I'd say 'Bama #2.

If you compare schedules, I dont see how OSU "deserves" it more. Both have one loss. OSU came to an unranked team they were favored to beat by 4 plus touchdowns. Alabama lost to a team ranked number 1 who also beat 3 top 5 teams throughout the season. So exactly what FACTS or STATS are you using that leads you to believe OSU "deserves" it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom