How is your battle belt set up and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a GI web belt, and ALICE suspenders. I recently switched from GI M14 pouches to Taco pouches. (the M14 pouches were as old as I am, finally wore out) I have two double-mag pistol pouches, and a Bianchi retention military-style holster. It doesn't match, some stuff is OD, some is black, some is camo...all of it smells really bad. It works. The suspenders keep the belt from moving around on me, and put the load on my shoulders, not my hips. I've run with the taco pouches quite a bit now, not sure they're as good as GI stuff, but I doo like the fact that I can adjust them to run M14 mags, or Mini-14 mags.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys got any pictures?

No pics handy, but this HSGI vid shows what I've moved to...with the velcro liner belt option.

Very basic load of a holster, double pistol mags, single rifle taco, and a dump/blowout kit. I can scale it up down as needed for a "first line" system. If I need more, I'll add my chest rig.

http://youtu.be/D3FAJ6CpiH4

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No pics handy, but this HSGI vid shows what I've moved to...with the velcro liner belt option.

Very basic load of a holster, double pistol mags, single rifle taco, and a dump/blowout kit. I can scale it up down as needed for a "first line" system. If I need more, I'll add my chest rig.

http://youtu.be/D3FAJ6CpiH4
Thanks. Thats an interesting setup. How is it to run in?

Off topic but that video reminds me that I really need to invest in some of those taco pouches.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Much better than a regular gun belt. The Velcro liner belt locks everything down and minimizes movement.

The tacos are great. You can adjust tension and don't need to fumble with retention bungees or pouch lids.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FOG, finally got around to a picture. Here it is in its most basic configuration. Plenty of real estate to add a couple rifle mag holders and admin pouches (I usually go with a chest rig so I'd only have a single rifle mag on there for that).

Not shown is the velcro liner belt which you wear like a regular belt...then this belt is worn over it. Stays put even if the buckle comes undone.

image.jpg

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, I like the simplicity. I'm think I'm going to try out a setup like that at the Goat RnG.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom