How Many FAL Shooters Here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V@rmint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built a FAL several years ago, and still own it, but don't shoot it because I didn't get the barrel timeing quite right and it won't cycle (the gas piston binds in the gas tube). I just haven't taken the time to find someone with the proper tools to help me get it running properly. I have a feeling that it would take over as my favorite rifle if it worked properly.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built a FAL several years ago, and still own it, but don't shoot it because I didn't get the barrel timeing quite right and it won't cycle (the gas piston binds in the gas tube). I just haven't taken the time to find someone with the proper tools to help me get it running properly. I have a feeling that it would take over as my favorite rifle if it worked properly.

You might need a barrel indexing washer if it is overtimed http://estore.websitepros.com/832529/Detail.bok?no=477.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I love the FAL. I just wish in the days of 135 buck 1000 rd case ammo was still around. The good ol' days on FALs are gone.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up a century R1A1 about two weeks ago, i know hardly anything about FAL's its a totally new platform to me. What is some recommended reading material on them and what metric mags are the best? Is there any mags to stay away from? Is there a milsurp ammo they like more than another? and how do you mount a bayonet to it? I dont see anything that stands out as a bayo lug on mine

04ZREX

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a DSA Stg-58 and love it. The bi-pod is nice for bench shooting as well.

ai409.photobucket.com_albums_pp179_04ZREX_guns046.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom