How old do you think you’ll live to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read typically that males tend to die earlier than females and one reason is that they are too macho and don't go to see the Doctor for regular checkups.
There also are other reasons, hazardous and dangerous jobs, taking unnecessary risks, etc.
  • avoid doctors. According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, men are far more likely to skip routine health screens and far less likely than women to have seen a doctor of any kind during the previous year.
  • Why men often die earlier than women - Harvard Health

Men die earlier than women because it is the only way we can get peace and quiet.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having abnormality leads to longevity?
I may be around for a long time.

2 things I am sure of;

I want to go to Heaven
I don't want to go tonight or anytime soon

Yep, abnormal longevity. Dad is 89 and still calf ropes, off the horse, flanks and ties. His parents made it to 98 and 102. On my mom’s side grandparents were 95 and 97 and were still in their own homes and driving until a few weeks before death. I am 64 and just had a Angiogram Test done last year, results were that of a 20 year old athlete, zero plague anywhere, zero cholesterol and all valve functions and blood flow was perfect from head to toe. Resting heart rate is 45 to 50. The Heart Doc who the wife used to work with told her he was utterly shocked. When I woke up he told me the same thing. There is no family heart, cancer or anything that runs in the family.

I ran 6 days a week from a young age till I was 49. Worked out lifting/cardio till 53, then all my joints went to hell. That and sports, racing off road, rodeoing, Fire dept, running, boxing etc tore up my undercarriage. Have had 19 major surgeries from my life style, many metal plates and screws and artificial material in my joints.

My wife’s family for many generations back “over 100 years” were and are vegan vegetarians. Wife fed us a vegetarian diet for 12 years or so from my age of 38 to 50, and then we went back to eating mostly Turkey and chicken, beef we raised maybe 3 or 4 times a month.

So hope maybe the abnormal longevity is still in me, but I don’t care to live a long time, just want to feel good for as long as I got!

Last edited:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having abnormality leads to longevity?
I may be around for a long time.

2 things I am sure of;

I want to go to Heaven
I don't want to go tonight

Should we prop you up beside the jukebox?

I’d like to have 69….i mean make 69…years old.

45 and the arthritis is pushing on me hard and already had a stroke. I’m not sure how long I want to go, but it really isn’t up to me.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both of my parents made it to 85. They outlived their parents by 15 years or more so if that pattern carries over to me, maybe I'll live to be 100...although I dont really think I want to.

THIS!

A person may live to be a ripe old age, but seriously, would you want to? :anyone:

Think about it...drinking your dinner thru a straw, can't walk, can't see, can't hear, while sitting in a puddle of piss? Is that "living?"

Hell, I'd rather go out relatively young with my boots on. I'm already a crotchety old bastard at 56. Old age will not be kind to me. :disappoin

Latest posts

Top Bottom