How old do you think you’ll live to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's lots of days I wish I had went out in the middle east 20 years ago, made my parents $200k richer...as far as lineage, my grandparents made it to 60, 77, 86 and 93, so all over the chart really. My dad is 74 now and mom is 65, no major health issues like cancer, heart attacks, etc. I'll probably live longer than I need to, depending on who you ask 🤣

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, abnormal longevity. Dad is 89 and still calf ropes, off the horse, flanks and ties. His parents made it to 98 and 102. On my mom’s side grandparents were 95 and 97 and were still in their own homes and driving until a few weeks before death. I am 64 and just had a Angiogram Test done last year, results were that of a 20 year old athlete, zero plague anywhere, zero cholesterol and all valve functions and blood flow was perfect from head to toe. Resting heart rate is 45 to 50. The Heart Doc who the wife used to work with told her he was utterly shocked. When I woke up he told me the same thing. There is no family heart, cancer or anything that runs in the family.

I ran 6 days a week from a young age till I was 49. Worked out lifting/cardio till 53, then all my joints went to hell. That and sports, racing off road, rodeoing, Fire dept, running, boxing etc tore up my undercarriage. Have had 19 major surgeries from my life style, many metal plates and screws and artificial material in my joints.

My wife’s family for many generations back “over 100 years” were and are vegan vegetarians. Wife fed us a vegetarian diet for 12 years or so from my age of 38 to 50, and then we went back to eating mostly Turkey and chicken, beef we raised maybe 3 or 4 times a month.

So hope maybe the abnormal longevity is still in me, but I don’t care to live a long time, just want to feel good for as long as I got!
In 1976 I was in Alva and worked part-time for a local farmer named George Cook. He was 75 years old. He had a pet Chihuahua he kept in his front jacket pocket named "Captain". Captain went everywhere with George in that pocket, that is why he was named, Captain. The dog has nothing to do with the story but it tells you a little bit about the man.

We were at the local farm store at the checkout counter and they had the proverbial box of pliers on the counter. George grabbed a pair and asked the kid at the cash register if those pliers were any good.

The kid smirked and said of course they are. George then squeezed his hand and "snap!" the pliers broke in the handle. The kid's eyes grew big and George picked up another pair. Snap! He laid those down on the counter next to the first pair as if the first one needed some company. He picked up the third pair and Snap! The fourth pair, SNAP! The fifth pair, SNAP! George paused for a moment and looked at the kid who's mouth was on the floor scooping in who knows what. George tried the sixth pair and they held up to his farmer's grip. He laid them out on the counter swooping the others away with the back of his hand saying calmly, "I'll take these."

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw this data chart. I’m a little surprised.
IMG_9080.png

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never thought I'd live passed 30 with all the crazy crap I did when I was young. I always went with the old saying "Live fast, die young, leave a good-looking corpse ". I'm too far north of young for that now that I'm 70. I'm in pretty good health for my age. I'm border line high on blood psi and take a low dose med for that and that's it on meds. I have a shoulder that hurts some off and on because I had a small cuff tear years ago and all the other joints are fine. My biggest health issue has been hernias. I've lost counts on surgeries for those. Last one was about four months ago. I think my Dad died in his 60's (folks split when I was four). My Mom will be 93 next Thursday. She fell and broke her hip about a year ago and is in assisted living. Her and my stepdad traveled and camped all over the country for 30 years after they retired. Now that she can only get around with a walker or wheelchair and my stepdad has passed, she is not getting out much at all. She complains that her life is so boring that it ain't worth living. I can understand that. I call her everyday but with her in Va. I don't get to visit very often. I guess quality of life is more important than longevity. Who knows how long any of us have with the NWO taking over the world and how they want to kill off 4 billion people. I'm afraid they will start with us older people that don't work anymore and get social security money.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 1976 I was in Alva and worked part-time for a local farmer named George Cook. He was 75 years old. He had a pet Chihuahua he kept in his front jacket pocket named "Captain". Captain went everywhere with George in that pocket, that is why he was named, Captain. The dog has nothing to do with the story but it tells you a little bit about the man.

We were at the local farm store at the checkout counter and they had the proverbial box of pliers on the counter. George grabbed a pair and asked the kid at the cash register if those pliers were any good.

The kid smirked and said of course they are. George then squeezed his hand and "snap!" the pliers broke in the handle. The kid's eyes grew big and George picked up another pair. Snap! He laid those down on the counter next to the first pair as if the first one needed some company. He picked up the third pair and Snap! The fourth pair, SNAP! The fifth pair, SNAP! George paused for a moment and looked at the kid who's mouth was on the floor scooping in who knows what. George tried the sixth pair and they held up to his farmer's grip. He laid them out on the counter swooping the others away with the back of his hand saying calmly, "I'll take these."

Reminds me a man that Calf Roped at our place for years, he died when I was around 15. He had milked cows by hand his whole life. It was a novelty with the young calf ropers to try his grip on! He never lost. I also seen him stick his fingers inside an old jelly jar and break it from the inside. Jelly came in a thick drinking glass back then. He would send most men to their knees with a hand shake! If memory serves he lived up into his late 80s.

Veritas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a great book everyone should read called “Outlive”.

It talks less about “Lifespan”, how long you’ll live, and more about “Healthspan” how healthy you can remain up until the end so all those years are as good as they can be versus a final decade or two of misery.

Shockingly exercising, eating healthy, and getting plenty of sleep (which is perhaps the single most important component) are the not so secret, secret to it.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a question or all of us:
Why are we spending so much time reading threads like this? And commenting?

I don't know the answers, but I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life. I'm thinking I won't be able to answer that question either, though I have more stuff to do and get done - maybe thinking the Lord won't take me before I finish what I've started. :contract:

That also might explain my procrastination ...:sunbath:

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom