How popular is Crimson Trace with LE folk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was curious as to the percentage/popularity of using Crimson Trace on duty pistol within the LE community. Seems low light situations would be real helpful. Does anybody know?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one on my concealed weapon, but it can be a detriment in smoky areas, rain, snow, etc to pinpoint your location. On the other hand they can be usefull shooting from a concealed position without the eye being behind the sight.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lasers work both ways.

In the LE world, we always hafta shoot after the bad guy does, more or less. When you go around shining a laser here and there, you are just telling the BG where you are. A good flashlight trumps a laser IMHO. Lasers are really cool and yeah, Hollyweird and TV really talk 'em up, but the bottom line is, a laser is just another whiz-bang gadget that will never replace front sight, press.

Just sayin... :rolleyes2

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are good for a training tool. I tried one for a bit. You can really tell how much your point of aim is moving especially at a distance. In reality, to me it slows the reaction time. I can discharge at least 5 rounds and hit the target in the same amount of time it takes me to locate the dot on the target.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They look cool on television when the bg looks at his chest and the red dots are there from the S.W.A.T team and he knows that he is in deep sheet.

Here is the stupid part about the hollywood thing. Using my laser, it is moving all over the place. I'm sure in a stressfull situation, it would be everywhere. Use a flashlight and see how steady you can hold it. :D

Gotta love hollywood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom