How popular is Crimson Trace with LE folk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A laser is not a good thing in my opinion. Ive seen too many people who use them look at the dot instead of the front sight of their gun and do nothing but promote bad handgun handling skills. A laser is not a subsititue for the front sight and should never be used that way. They tell the bad guy right where you are destroying any tactical advantage you might have. Now having said that I will say there is a tremendous psycological deterant when someone sees a red dot on their chest and it is probably enough to end any conflict (in an CCW role). They are great for when you are doing dry fire practice and really let you see how much your moving your muzzle. Other than training I don't think they should be used by LE. Just my opinion and it is only one of many.

Tried a CT unit my dad installed on a J frame and I ended up doing the opposite. I kept trying to align the dot with the front sight blade. I did not care for the system as it caused me to have to 'think' through the sight picture. Given the complication to training and the 'choice' under stress, I went with flashlight and night sights.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
used mine at the range last week... had to turn it off, thought I had parkinson's at 15 yards..

Thank you, and reason being I see them all the time and age makes no difference. First time I shot one (young friend put this on his GL17) when whatever outfit came out with the ones built in to the guide rod for Glocks. I was much younger then, but found myself going in circles around the small target in clockwise pattern.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well ... yeah ... but I don't chase you around like a rabid cat ... ;)

Neither of us can chase any thing anymore, dear. Just let them come to us, much easier. And as we old ones say, don't mess with us, we don't wait and ask questions, we just shoot and by God it ain't going to be using one of those stupid Taurus Judges. Oh crap did I spill some beans here?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Neither of us can chase any thing anymore, dear. Just let them come to us, much easier. And as we old ones say, don't mess with us, we don't wait and ask questions, we just shoot and by God it ain't going to be using one of those stupid Taurus Judges. Oh crap did I spill some beans here?

What's that saying?? Age and treachery will trump youth and skill everytime ...

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's that saying?? Age and treachery will trump youth and skill everytime ...

May be, Maybe not, I being much older I am not asking questions, pray I never have to get to that situation, but ask me why I have so many handguns in the truck? At my age I can grab another gun faster than I can reload, so three or so I pray will do me and pray again I only shoot the guns at the range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom