How to build an AK: Cheapskate edition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks good so far. The real tools do make it a whole lot easier though. Good luck with the build.

Built this:
i306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_AK_69444615.jpg

From this:
i306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_AK_2c5436d8.jpg

i306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_AK_aeaffa0b.jpg

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. The initial cost for tools is a little bit expensive but you could resell them easily enough.

It is, but I'm just selling them at a bit of a loss and calling it a lazy tax. I really just want to have the thing done already, so I don't mind losing $30 to get it done. Still cheaper than having someone else assemble it.

My trigger guard jig is gonna be here today, so hopefully I'll be done with it in the next day or two. Keep an eye out for it in the classifieds section :P

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built my first romanian kit AK back in 2004. I spent $99 on the kit and $30-40 on the finished receiver. I tapped holes and bolted this together because i was poor. I kept an allen wrench and lock tite in my range bag at all times :). The guy i sold it to likes it because he claims he can swap out barrels with different calibers but i have a hard time believing that would actually work.

If anyone here needs a stock set off those new romanian ak's i have an unused set ill sell cheap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom